Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got a new blackberry (Pearl 1=8110) and there are a few things I'm struggling with.

In the text messages inbox is it possible to do display all correspondence with another person under one 'file' so I don't get one message appearing for every one I send and receive to the same person (if that makes any sense).

It does kinda present it like this already as it shows previous texts below the one you are replying to but I'd want this for all previous texts and without showing each one individually in the inbox.

Secondly I have Vodfone sat nav but it can never "find my current location", anyone know how to set this up?

Finally I'd like to change the function of the quick keys on the side of the phone, i.e the ones that take you to voice activated dialing and the camera, is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ReputationRep:
    Hi DredgeReformist,

(Original post by DredgeReformist)
    I've got a new blackberry (Pearl 1=8110) and there are a few things I'm struggling with.

In the text messages inbox is it possible to do display all correspondence with another person under one 'file' so I don't get one message appearing for every one I send and receive to the same person (if that makes any sense).

It does kinda present it like this already as it shows previous texts below the one you are replying to but I'd want this for all previous texts and without showing each one individually in the inbox.
    Not too sure what you mean by this .... are you trying to get rid of sent messages appearing in the same folder as messages you've received?

Secondly I have Vodfone sat nav but it can never "find my current location", anyone know how to set this up?
    Sometimes the GPS can take up to five minutes to kick in. Be patient, it'll find your location sooner or later!!

Finally I'd like to change the function of the quick keys on the side of the phone, i.e the ones that take you to voice activated dialing and the camera, is that possible?
    Go to Settings > Screen/Keyboard, then change the settings for the Right and Left Side Convenience Key Opens settings.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    You're welcome!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.