The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Which phone plan to join to study in Bristol?

Hiii guys
I'm an international student and got an offer from Bristol.
I'm now struggling on which phone plan to join when I come to Bristol. It seems like Vodafone, EE and Three are better. Could you give me some advice on that? Thanksssss:heart::heart:
hey. i use voxi (it’s really cheap) and you get unlimited phone calls and minutes and endless social media data. i think it’s pretty good.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by lunathefighter
hey. i use voxi (it’s really cheap) and you get unlimited phone calls and minutes and endless social media data. i think it’s pretty good.

i see thankssss
Reply 3
My daughter uses Voxi and has the £10 pay as you go plan and my son uses Lebara pay as you go £5. They are both very reliable and with a very good coverage as I understand. It all depends on your needs of course. Check them out. Good luck with your studies!
Reply 4
Original post by Emmalykkk
Hiii guys
I'm now struggling on which phone plan to join when I come to Bristol. It seems like Vodafone, EE and Three are better. Could you give me some advice on that? Thanksssss:heart::heart:

If you're going to be using the phone to make phone calls to your home country, then check to see what the charges are -- they are probably very high indeed on normal tariffs. (That said, it's best to use Facetime or Skype (or similar apps) to stay in contact with home rather than making phone calls.)

Note that where a tariff includes "landline" calls, then that's to UK numbers beginning 01, 02, 03 (except to Channel Islands and Isle of Man). UK "mobile" calls includes almost all numbers beginning 07 (except 070 numbers, Channel Islands/Isle of Man numbers, and some "special" numbers charged at higher rates).

Bear in mind that depending on exactly where you live some you might find that the signal from some mobile networks is better than others -- so don't sign up for a long contract until you've checked this; you don't want to be using a network where you get poor reception when you're at home. (Note that Voxi and Lebara use Vodafone's network; GiffGaff and TescoMobile use O2's network, etc).
Reply 5
Thanks guys. I'll check that out:h:
Reply 6
Hiii guys

Hi, a bit off topic...did you receive your CAS letter from University of Bristol? I'm still waiting for it...just worry time is running out for getting a student VISA....sigh.
Reply 7
Original post by Momo120
Hi, a bit off topic...did you receive your CAS letter from University of Bristol? I'm still waiting for it...just worry time is running out for getting a student VISA....sigh.

Erm... I would suggest you contact the admission team directly, either via phone or email. They should be able to give you some advice regarding this issue. hope it helps:smile:
Reply 8
Erm... I would suggest you contact the admission team directly, either via phone or email. They should be able to give you some advice regarding this issue. hope it helps:smile:

Thank you ... as my course is the International Foundation Programme, not sure if the admission team could help...I keep chasing the agent, but so far no CAS....
Reply 9
Original post by Momo120
Thank you ... as my course is the International Foundation Programme, not sure if the admission team could help...I keep chasing the agent, but so far no CAS....

I think the admission team also handles problems related to the admission of the International Foundation Programme
Reply 10
Better to ask the uni directly rather than the agent. I think the uni would know more

Quick Reply

Latest