amberidescence
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm currently studying IB SL Maths Analysis and Approaches and I'm wondering whether I can sit an extra exam in A Level Maths at the end of the year with what I've learnt.

If not, how different are the courses in content and difficulty? Would I be able to sit the A Level Maths exam without extra preparation?

I'm looking to do this because many unis offering general Engineering (H100) want IB HL Maths, which I don't have. I'm hoping to improve my application by taking an A Level Math exam.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You would need to do further preparation for A-level Maths, as there are more topics you won't have covered and some that you will have done will likely be treated in more depth. I'd suggest you look at the specification for A-level Maths and also perhaps take a look at some past papers to get an idea of the scope of what is covered. While all exam boards cover the same material for A-level Maths (for domestic students; IAL Maths has a different structure, although it covers largely similar content, you just have some options for the applied content), they will examine it in somewhat different ways.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (118)
25.32%
Better than expected (96)
20.6%
Worse than expected (252)
54.08%

Watched Threads