username5359312
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Harmony1)
This is great! I'm going to look into this and see how I can help her. Thank you so much!
Definitely do, it's something I wasn't aware of until I randomly stumbled upon the page whilst researching ahead of my second degree.

You're a very kind and supporting friend. Best wishes to both you and your friend!
Harmony1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by QuestioningPsych)
Definitely do, it's something I wasn't aware of until I randomly stumbled upon the page whilst researching ahead of my second degree.

You're a very kind and supporting friend. Best wishes to both you and your friend!
Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to give some advice. I'm going to try my best to help her!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Xarao)
Credit transfers only work IF you haven't finished.

@OP - Your friend got the LOWEST classification for her degree. What makes you think things will change if she does it again? She messed up and now needs to live with it. Anyways, it's not possible for her to re-do the last year.
Oh yeah lets just overlook the fact that theres a global pandemic going on and that grades were calculated based on previous student success.

OP ignore, she can't undo her third year and I don't know much about the credit transfer option but that sounds like something actually helpful.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No need to exaggerate on the "lowest" mark. Please be considerate to others it's really not the best situation to be in. I'm just trying to be a good friend and help her. Kind comments only please.
Exaggerate? It is the lowest classification you can get, besides a fail. You also need to think realistically, if she essentially got a fail, why do you expect her to do better next time? You think you're helping, but you're really not if you aren't even asking these questions to her.
Last edited by Xarao; 1 week ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
She already has experience in her subject through work, getting a degree is extremely important for her and therefore she wants to finish it with a good grade. Employers look for both qualifications and experience these days so to have both will really improve prospects for her.
The options available to her (event with the OU) are very limited.

She would be better getting a job, any job, working for a few years and then looking into a masters if she isn’t able to build the experience required without a specific degree classification.

Credit transfer is credit transfer - it isn’t an opportunity to do-over. She would be in a stronger position to get credit transfer if she had failed modules in her final year and left with a DipHE or ordinary (non honours) degree. With all 360 credits of her degree awarded there’s no chance another university will accept 240 of 360 as credit transfer to allow a repeat of her final year.
Harmony1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
The options available to her (event with the OU) are very limited.

She would be better getting a job, any job, working for a few years and then looking into a masters if she isn’t able to build the experience required without a specific degree classification.

Credit transfer is credit transfer - it isn’t an opportunity to do-over. She would be in a stronger position to get credit transfer if she had failed modules in her final year and left with a DipHE or ordinary (non honours) degree. With all 360 credits of her degree awarded there’s no chance another university will accept 240 of 360 as credit transfer to allow a repeat of her final year.
We've looked at the options and will continue to do so.

Thank you for this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.64%
Confident (14)
9.27%
Indifferent (16)
10.6%
Unsure (35)
23.18%
Worried (79)
52.32%

Watched Threads

Latest