Anthony_HT
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm gonna study a master degree of film-making in UK as an international student in 2021. I've decided to study in London as there're full of film companies and opportunities for starting a career here after graduation.

I've done some research on famous film school in London, NFTS (National Film and Television School) seems to be a champ, but unfortunately I couldn't quite afford the fee there. So, right now my options are left with:

MetFilm School London

London Film Academy

University of Westminster

Central Film School

Which one do you recommend and why would you pick that one?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anthony_HT)
I'm gonna study a master degree of film-making in UK as an international student in 2021. I've decided to study in London as there're full of film companies and opportunities for starting a career here after graduation.

I've done some research on famous film school in London, NFTS (National Film and Television School) seems to be a champ, but unfortunately I couldn't quite afford the fee there. So, right now my options are left with:

MetFilm School London

London Film Academy

University of Westminster

Central Film School

Which one do you recommend and why would you pick that one?
London Film Academy and central film school are both commercial schools that have names similar to established film schools in order to steal credibility.

If you want a good practical course then study at a CILECT member school

https://www.cilect.org/profiles/memb...4#.XyXS4CR4XYU

Nfts isn’t in London. Many good film schools aren’t. There’s not always any benefit to studying film in London - especially considering the extra costs in fees and living costs.
Anthony_HT
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
London Film Academy and central film school are both commercial schools that have names similar to established film schools in order to steal credibility.

If you want a good practical course then study at a CILECT member school

https://www.cilect.org/profiles/memb...4#.XyXS4CR4XYU

Nfts isn’t in London. Many good film schools aren’t. There’s not always any benefit to studying film in London - especially considering the extra costs in fees and living costs.
Thanks for the reply! What concerns me the most is the career development after graduation, like, would those schools be able to utilize their networking in the industry for graduates?

And wouldn't it be more condensed and promising for seeking out opportunities surrounded by lots of film company offices, like Netflix, 20th Century and Fox?

I'm gonna cross LFA and CFS off of my list, at this moment, I'm still open to schools outside London if they're good, like Bournemouth Film School, Leeds Beckett University and UEA. Wonder if you've know anything within those schools, career and quality wise?

As an international student, my fee is nearly twice as expensive as local's, so I wanna make discreet decision for the right school, hope you don't mind that I ask too many questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (126)
24.09%
Better than expected (113)
21.61%
Worse than expected (284)
54.3%

Watched Threads