X.243llie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im in going into yr11 and i thought id ise this time to think about the future. for a levels i deffinately want to do history as i want to he a history teacher (dont ask im mad😂) and so im deffinately doing history.
im thinking a science as science is a good back up option incase i change mind and im thinking biology
but idk about last option
i was thinking phsychology but my friend told me its really hard and im better of to do another science as i cant bear to do another yr of sociology.
could someone tell me what phsychology is like
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
history alevel makes me cry every lesson
sunsetpeony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey! i study english lit, history and psychology at a level, and i think that you need to pick subjects that you enjoy but also that may be helpful for your future (if you know what direction you want to do, which you do!).

i really like psychology as i think its so interesting to discover more about human behaviour and life, and the course (on the AQA spec) covers lots of different aspects of the subject such as attachment, memory and different psychological approaches. there is quite a lot of content to learn but the exams remind me of both science and english - there are some lower mark questions (including multiple choice) whilst also being some longer ones (8/16 marks). that being said, the content is manageable and as long as you make effective revision notes you'll be fine!

as far as i'm aware (several of my friends take socio) it's not like sociology but then again, psychology isn't as sciency as you might first assume (with the exception of psychology, which is quite focused on elements of biology but, coming from someone who wasn't that big a fan of science at gcse, it's fine!

i think i would look at the specific exam board's specification for all the subjects you are considering as this will probably give you a better indication of what is on the course and whether you'll enjoy it
X.243llie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Libbyc16)
history alevel makes me cry every lesson
is it that bad because i love history
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
in my opinion yes. but don’t let me put you off lmao.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (118)
25.27%
Better than expected (97)
20.77%
Worse than expected (252)
53.96%

Watched Threads