What are these subjects like at uni?

Watch
Ali-liyyah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys! Hope you’re all good. I’m currently deciding between two subjects at university, which are property management and law. Does anyone taking either of these subjects have any advice and tips for it? Also, what’s the percentage of graduates that find jobs after completing each of these courses? Thanks in advance x
username5359312
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is a difficult question to answer as experiences will differ between universities or even for individuals on the same university programme.

My biggest advice would be to look into the module options at each institution you're considering, see what topics you feel you're more interested in and go from there.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ali-liyyah)
Hey guys! Hope you’re all good. I’m currently deciding between two subjects at university, which are property management and law. Does anyone taking either of these subjects have any advice and tips for it? Also, what’s the percentage of graduates that find jobs after completing each of these courses? Thanks in advance x
Hi Ali-liyyah

I'm a law graduate and I really enjoyed studying the course, however the main piece of advice I would give is if Law is something you want to do really try and get some experience along side your degree and make the most of legal career events. As Law is very competitive and this will help when applying for future training contracts or legal jobs.

Let me know if you have any questions about studying law.

Zaira
Ali-liyyah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Thanks so much Zaira. This was really helpful. Do you have any advice on how to prepare for law and the best way to take notes when doing a degree in law? Also, do you have any recommendations for wider reading tasks to prepare for the course? Thanks in advance x
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ali-liyyah)
Thanks so much Zaira. This was really helpful. Do you have any advice on how to prepare for law and the best way to take notes when doing a degree in law? Also, do you have any recommendations for wider reading tasks to prepare for the course? Thanks in advance x
Hi Ali-liyyah

No problem! Law is taught from scratch at uni, so they don't expect you to know anything before hand. I would say once you know what uni you are going to be studying at, you could look at the first year modules and do some light reading based on them.

I used to take notes by printing of the lecture slides as handouts and make notes on them, you can also get them on the laptop if you prefer typing. This saved me writing everything out and rather I could write the extra info given by the lecturer. Also, when reading try and only make notes on key information as there is a lot to read and most of the time you don't need notes on every sentence.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions.

Good luck!

Zaira
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.61%
Confident (14)
9.21%
Indifferent (16)
10.53%
Unsure (35)
23.03%
Worried (80)
52.63%

Watched Threads