The Student Room Group

Worried about second lockdown

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have had issues sleeping and everything like now it’s nearly 1am but I’m awake

As are the rest of us, probably for similar reasons, but it won't kill us.
Why don't you make a list of things you want to achieve? Or several lists broken down into this week, this month, this year etc. It may help you think about what you want and set some goals.
I heavily enjoy lockdown, less stress from school, more sleep, get to bake more and make home meals every day because I have time to, get to spend more time with my bf. I would rather be in lockdown than everyone is out and more people die because of the coronavirus, don’t be selfish.
As are the rest of us, probably for similar reasons, but it won't kill us.
Why don't you make a list of things you want to achieve? Or several lists broken down into this week, this month, this year etc. It may help you think about what you want and set some goals.

It’s not worth it when these stud lockdowns keeps happening
I heavily enjoy lockdown, less stress from school, more sleep, get to bake more and make home meals every day because I have time to, get to spend more time with my bf. I would rather be in lockdown than everyone is out and more people die because of the coronavirus, don’t be selfish

Ironic that you are calling someone else selfish whilst posting about how great your life is with no consideration for what someone else is going through.
Ironic that you are calling someone else selfish whilst posting about how great your life is with no consideration for what someone else is going through.

This is the type of person who is lazy and they now have an excuse for it
It’s not worth it when these stud lockdowns keeps happening

You can do things from home though, do you have access to something other than a phone?
Though could write your CV, learn to cook something new, use YouTube tutorials to learn to make something or how to do DIY?
You could*
You can do things from home though, do you have access to something other than a phone?
Though could write your CV, learn to cook something new, use YouTube tutorials to learn to make something or how to do DIY?

There’s literally nothing to do, I literally have YouTube and tsr but that’s about it. I can sleep all day but I can’t sleep during the night so never mind the day
There’s literally nothing to do, I literally have YouTube and tsr but that’s about it. I can sleep all day but I can’t sleep during the night so never mind the day

I give up, I have given you loads of suggestions of things you can do to make the time productive, I don't understand why you are still saying there is nothing to do. Do an online course, make a start. You have to make an effort for yourself, you're not going to just be magically handed a job, a house, money and happiness!
I give up, I have given you loads of suggestions of things you can do to make the time productive, I don't understand why you are still saying there is nothing to do. Do an online course, make a start. You have to make an effort for yourself, you're not going to just be magically handed a job, a house, money and happiness!

Give up then!
Original post by ANM775
intially we were promissed an 80% chance of a vaccine by september/october, but now i'm hearing a year at the earliest. ..and that they plan to only vaccinate 20% of the population and give the rest of the vaccine to other countries

until a vaccine comes and is used on at least 60% of the population there will likely to a second wave at some point and lockdown again

Error where are you getting your sources... this is completly false. A lot of companies are at phase 3 of testing and its looking promising. We are expected to get a vaccind at Oct earliest but most likely by the end of the year.
There may be a second set of restrictions, some localised, some more generalised. Take advantage of those things you can do (whilst socially distancing) as much as possible now.
Reply 32
Error where are you getting your sources... this is completly false. A lot of companies are at phase 3 of testing and its looking promising. We are expected to get a vaccind at Oct earliest but most likely by the end of the year.

can't be bothered to track them down as they are days old reports on youtube [UK based] saying it's now expected in a year, and one written report saying there are only plans to vaccine 20% of people [basically the at risk groups] and then sell the remaining vaccine to other countries to ensure fairness
Original post by liamlarner
watch exams get cancelled again i can see it coming with the infection rates going back up

Though I don't understand why as they're one of the safest activities to do - after all, all desks are socially distanced!
Honestly feel there wont be one at all
Original post by ANM775
can't be bothered to track them down as they are days old reports on youtube [UK based] saying it's now expected in a year, and one written report saying there are only plans to vaccine 20% of people [basically the at risk groups] and then sell the remaining vaccine to other countries to ensure fairness

I dont think the fairness is the case. The UK ha e ordered 90 million for their population. Thats more than 20% of the population. I haven't heard reports that there will be any faorness lol
I’m extremely worried that we’ll end up in a 2nd lockdown and the 1st one has delayed my life enough, it’s done enough damage as it is. I was sick to death of it, everyday was the same boring crap bull. I’m trying to sort my life out and if this second one happens it’s going to ruin it. I haven’t slept for a few nights because I have just been stressed and worried that they’ll be a second one. If you understood what I was going through then you would understand. From September 2017 I made a massive mistake of quitting college, I’m 2018 I w I was stuck at home doing nothing as well as 2017 because of that stupid mistake I made but returned in September 2018 , in 2019 I started to get all **** mental health and now in 2020 we have this lockdown. I mean it’s just one thing after another and I can’t do this anymore.

same

I'm in Wales and we're in a 2nd short full lockdown. It's absolutely destroying me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending