Best Courier Service for the United Kingdom?

Watch
KrispyKaleo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all, my family and I are looking to head down South, but are unsure of a courier service to use that isn’t overly expensive. We plan to move some furniture and large boxes, maybe a potted plant or two. As we don’t have any experience, is there anyone that has used one previously that they would recommend?

We aren’t necessarily looking for next day delivery as we understand it will take a while to get everything down.

We also are unable to drive on the motorway so the option to hire a van isn’t immediately our first option unfortunately.
Last edited by KrispyKaleo; 1 week ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KrispyKaleo)
Hi all, my family and I are looking to head down South, but are unsure of a courier service to use that isn’t overly expensive. As we don’t have any experience, is there anyone that has used one previously that they would recommend?
What do you mean, 'courier service'? What are you wanting to move? Letters and parcels, or furniture?!
KrispyKaleo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
What do you mean, 'courier service'? What are you wanting to move? Letters and parcels, or furniture?!
Apologies, I’ve updated the thread. Should have thought about my wording more thoroughly.
itscourtchicks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Either way, none of them offer next day delivery for NI
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KrispyKaleo)
Apologies, I’ve updated the thread. Should have thought about my wording more thoroughly.
No problem - at least you'll get some relevant responses now

If you're happy to lug stuff around yourself, and there isn't a huge amount of stuff (maybe a small flat, or one-bedroomed houseful), then then cheapest and easiest way would be to hire a Luton van from a hire company like Thrifty, Avis, Hertz etc and do it yourself. You can get a lot in a Luton Van.

If you want someone else to do it for you, then either A Man With A (Luton) Van service, or more traditional house-movers like Britannia could do it for you, in increasing order of cost.
KrispyKaleo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
No problem - at least you'll get some relevant responses now

If you're happy to lug stuff around yourself, and there isn't a huge amount of stuff (maybe a small flat, or one-bedroomed houseful), then then cheapest and easiest way would be to hire a Luton van from a hire company like Thrifty, Avis, Hertz etc and do it yourself. You can get a lot in a Luton Van.

If you want someone else to do it for you, then either A Man With A (Luton) Van service, or more traditional house-movers like Britannia could do it for you, in increasing order of cost.
Thankyou! We’ll take a look at Britannia. Should have put in my thread as well that we can’t drive on the motorway, so finding someone to drive would be my first option personally, but it’s not something my parents are keen on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.64%
Confident (14)
9.27%
Indifferent (16)
10.6%
Unsure (35)
23.18%
Worried (79)
52.32%

Watched Threads

Latest