Failure In Life
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is it possible go from BBB to A s in year and apply for adjustment to get in to top 20 UNI
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Failure In Life)
Is it possible go from BBB to A s in year and apply for adjustment to get in to top 20 UNI
Sure it's possible, but BBB at A-Level isn't bad at all! It's what I ended up with, and now I have a place at Nottingham for Masters. Top 20 unis really do not matter that much when compared to an amazing course in a place you love and relevant work experience. I can say 100% that a top 20 uni never would have given me the same opportunities as I've had at Bournemouth, because of the faculty links here.
maniali123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Sure it's possible, but BBB at A-Level isn't bad at all! It's what I ended up with, and now I have a place at Nottingham for Masters. Top 20 unis really do not matter that much when compared to an amazing course in a place you love and relevant work experience. I can say 100% that a top 20 uni never would have given me the same opportunities as I've had at Bournemouth, because of the faculty links here.
what about for medical schools???
Failure In Life
Rep:
?
really i would like to go to Nottingham to do civil engineering matres but need AAA
maniali123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what year are you in?

really i would like to go to Nottingham to do civil engineering matres but need AAA
Failure In Life
Rep:
?
(Original post by maniali123)
what year are you in?
year 12
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by maniali123)
what about for medical schools???
Med schools are an entirely different matter, as they often all require high grades with specific subjects.

It this the course you are referring to? https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...gineering-MEng

I did my undergraduate separately at a different university, and used my grades from that to apply for a 1 year MA, so it is different from an integrated Masters program such as that. It would be similar to you completing a BEng at a different uni with lower requirements and them applying for this: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/pgstudy...ngineering-msc
Failure In Life
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Med schools are an entirely different matter, as they often all require high grades with specific subjects.

It this the course you are referring to? https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...gineering-MEng

I did my undergraduate separately at a different university, and used my grades from that to apply for a 1 year MA, so it is different from an integrated Masters program such as that. It would be similar to you completing a BEng at a different uni with lower requirements and them applying for this: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/pgstudy...ngineering-msc
so if i get like a first class can i do a masters in like oxbridge
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
so if i get like a first class can i do a masters in like oxbridge
It's easier to get into top unis for postgraduate courses than undergraduate courses so you would have lots of options with a 2:1 or 1st - maybe even Oxbridge if other parts of your application like your personal statement etc were also good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (174)
38.07%
Take autumn exams (143)
31.29%
Look for a job (16)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.6%
Take a year out (76)
16.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise