Calling all Uni students 2020

Watch
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What Uni are you planning on going to? Why?

What subject are you planning on doing at your chosen Uni? Why?

What are your career aspirations after you graduate? Is it related to your chosen course?

What are you looking forward to the most for your first semester as a university student?
Dechante
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
What Uni are you planning on going to? Why?

What subject are you planning on doing at your chosen Uni? Why?

What are your career aspirations after you graduate? Is it related to your chosen course?

What are you looking forward to the most for your first semester as a university student?
1) I chose Exeter to go to. I loved the campus on the open day and I'm a campus uni kinda girl. I just loved how even though it's not a big city like London or Birmingham there is still so much to do. There are clubs even though it's not gonna be as good as the big cities, the city centre is a ten minute walk away, they have the second biggest Wetherspoons in the UK, the beach is a 15 minute train ride away and I just love the south of England. I also loved the course there and how much flexibility there was to make the course really yours.

2) Neuroscience which is not the most common degree expected but I debated between psychology or biomedical science for a long time. I realised that my favourite part of psychology was the biological aspects and how the brain causes our behaviour and in biology I loved learning about anatomy and the nervous system.

3) Hmmm I have considered so many options but I know once I start my degree I could consider options I didn't know existed or thought of bc neuroscience is such a new subject. I have considered research into psychiatry and mental health though but I have also considered clinical jobs afterwards such as neuro occupational therapy, physician associate working in neurology or psychiatry or even becoming a clinical neuropsychologist with further study. However, I could also work in pharmaceutical sales, regulatory affairs or medical law but we shall see in 4/5 years time what I come up with.

4) Meeting new people, the whole uni experience, just learning a subject I'm passionate about and living on such a beautiful campus
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Dechante)
1) I chose Exeter to go to. I loved the campus on the open day and I'm a campus uni kinda girl. I just loved how even though it's not a big city like London or Birmingham there is still so much to do. There are clubs even though it's not gonna be as good as the big cities, the city centre is a ten minute walk away, they have the second biggest Wetherspoons in the UK, the beach is a 15 minute train ride away and I just love the south of England. I also loved the course there and how much flexibility there was to make the course really yours.

2) Neuroscience which is not the most common degree expected but I debated between psychology or biomedical science for a long time. I realised that my favourite part of psychology was the biological aspects and how the brain causes our behaviour and in biology I loved learning about anatomy and the nervous system.

3) Hmmm I have considered so many options but I know once I start my degree I could consider options I didn't know existed or thought of bc neuroscience is such a new subject. I have considered research into psychiatry and mental health though but I have also considered clinical jobs afterwards such as neuro occupational therapy, physician associate working in neurology or psychiatry or even becoming a clinical neuropsychologist with further study. However, I could also work in pharmaceutical sales, regulatory affairs or medical law but we shall see in 4/5 years time what I come up with.

4) Meeting new people, the whole uni experience, just learning a subject I'm passionate about and living on such a beautiful campus
Those are some excellent answers! Good luck for your results. I'm sure you'll do amazing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.49%
Confident (14)
8.97%
Indifferent (16)
10.26%
Unsure (38)
24.36%
Worried (81)
51.92%

Watched Threads