weight for a 5'3ft girl

Watch
aurora-hague
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I was wondering if 55kg was a bit much for a petite girl, literally over the week I have gianed 2 kilograms and I'm getting quite worried on how much weight I gained in such a little amount of time. If I was to loose weight I would say my goal was about 45 kg but now I'm confused whether 55kg is an ideal weight and 45 kg is unrealistic?
glowing_starfish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t think it’s unrealistic if u work towards it over time. Also how old r u?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You don't need to lose weight. You're fine. Work on staying healthy, in mind and body. Losing weight for the sake of it when it's not for health reasons will only hurt you, and could end up in really awful places like an eating disorder. Be kind to your body, you only have one, respect it. Be kind to yourself, the relationship you have with yourself is the most important relationship you'll ever have.
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You’re a healthy weight
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
im 5ft n 90 pounds. just don’t worry too much. try to do some exercise each day but have a rest day once a week. eat 3 meals a day. limit intake of unhealthy food/drinks. if you need help w anything pm me
Tinylittlegrain
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am 5ft 3” and a past ED sufferer. According to my nutritionist, 45kg is considered underweight. Obviously there are other factors at play (genes, lifestyle, diet) but 50kg is considered the lowest healthy weight. You seem like perfectly healthy weight as you are. Please stay safe and tell someone you trust if you still want to lose a bit xxx
Last edited by Tinylittlegrain; 1 week ago
H4ttie03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm 5"5 and 43kg and am underweight. Some of my friends who are 5"3 are around your sought if weight at 55kg so that's perfectly fine, as long as you're healthy that's all that matters
Tayaa8
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aurora-hague)
Hi,
I was wondering if 55kg was a bit much for a petite girl, literally over the week I have gianed 2 kilograms and I'm getting quite worried on how much weight I gained in such a little amount of time. If I was to loose weight I would say my goal was about 45 kg but now I'm confused whether 55kg is an ideal weight and 45 kg is unrealistic?
you are beautiful the way God made you! If it makes you happy to lose weight then do it, but if that's not the reason you don't have to. We all need to keep fit tho in these times, so maybe light exercise a few days a week will help you feel satisfied. I am trying to work out more too, as I feel like I've been quite inactive recently. God Bless you
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know BMI is not accurate but you're a perfectly normal weight

username5105748
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Libbyc16)
im 5ft n 90 pounds. just don’t worry too much. try to do some exercise each day but have a rest day once a week. eat 3 meals a day. limit intake of unhealthy food/drinks. if you need help w anything pm me
how much food do u approx eat a day and do u exercise during the week, ur my goal weight!
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LeahStarX)
how much food do u approx eat a day and do u exercise during the week, ur my goal weight!
i eat 3 meals a day with no snacking in between. i try to have fruit/ veg with every meal. instead of snacking i drink 3 litres of water throughout the day. i exercise around 5-6 times a week. good luck with your goal, pm me if you want help w anything!
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s decent - you don’t want to get too skinny either.

I’m a 6”0 geezer and weigh 54kg
username5105748
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Libbyc16)
i eat 3 meals a day with no snacking in between. i try to have fruit/ veg with every meal. instead of snacking i drink 3 litres of water throughout the day. i exercise around 5-6 times a week. good luck with your goal, pm me if you want help w anything!
Thankyou so much!
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i think ur average. i'm 60 kgs and i'm 5'4 . i think i'm average
aurora-hague
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by glowing_starfish)
I don’t think it’s unrealistic if u work towards it over time. Also how old r u?
Hey, sorry for the late reply- i’m 16
glowing_starfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vanessa Chuah)
i think ur average. i'm 60 kgs and i'm 5'4 . i think i'm average
Meee toooo exactly x Yesss that’s average lmao I literally searched this up like two weeks ago
glowing_starfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aurora-hague)
Hey, sorry for the late reply- i’m 16
In that case I think ur absolutely fine x
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by glowing_starfish)
Meee toooo exactly x Yesss that’s average lmao I literally searched this up like two weeks ago
that's basically the same as me. I'm pretty certain it's average.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
I know BMI is not accurate but you're a perfectly normal weight

I'm overweight according to this :laugh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (213)
60.34%
No they should not (102)
28.9%
Abstain (38)
10.76%

Watched Threads