Do you do everything as a family

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
We always have to get the weekly shop together like 5 of us and I just hate it and we do it so often. It’s so crowded in the car and when we get there we just walk around together and it’s extremely awkward, people stare at us. It happens for a lot of stuff like a few months ago a sibling had a birthday party then literally all 5 of us went and it was so stupid. Other things like we went to pick up a sibling from a music lesson and we all had to go, parents evenings we have we all had to go again an I’d say that is when it gets embarrassing because it’s parents evening not a family day. List goes on. It’s like there’s family arguments as well. I just want to stop doing everything as a family like in a few we have to go to the Tesco , why do we all have to go it’s a weekly shop, 1 person is easily enough according to my family no. It might not be as bad if you are an only child but I’m not, I have 2 siblings and both parents. I always feel embarrassed about it like we are all there in the shop then I see this guy from school or even a group of mates chilling then I’m there with my whole family.

Last week I tried to go home, I said I need the toilet on the way in the car so we went back home and I didn’t need it but I just wanted to go home really so I ran back to my room. My mum came after me and took me back to the car. I found out yesterday as well that my siblings like going to the shop together as a family which was a massive surprise be I hate it, it’s frustrating because if they didn’t like it then my parents would have thought they all don’t like so well stop. Because my my siblings do like it we have to carry on so when I found out that they did like it I cried out of frustration. We have to dine as a family as well, it’s not just going out as a family it’s things at home, we watch coronation street in the living as a family too. I was asking for my dinner to be served yesterday and my parents said wait till everybody comes down. I just don’t want to do that like why can’t I fine alone or take it to my room, it’s so crowded with my family and they are so frustrating. We go on holidays as a family, we have never had a holiday when it’s not all 5 of us, it’s pathetic and we always get the same room.
glowing_starfish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I swear I saw another thread on this
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by glowing_starfish)
Probably the whole family's posting on TSR at the same time
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glowing_starfish)
Yes I posted it last week as well, it’s happening again
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes I posted it last week as well, it’s happening again
It happens every few minutes according to you so posting when you do something seems like it would be hundreds a week.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
It happens every few minutes according to you so posting when you do something seems like it would be hundreds a week.
What? I don’t do hundreds a week I have literally done one
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What? I don’t do hundreds a week I have literally done one
I know I was meaning that if you posted every time you did an activity as a family you’d have hundreds a week.
Why are they so close? It’s just annoying doing things together constantly, you need to be able to be on your own or you’ll all get so fed up with each other.
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No, it's not normal, your parents seem to be very controlling and the kids will grow up unable to function as independent adults. But you already know this, that's why you're frustrated. The question is, what are you going to do about it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
I know I was meaning that if you posted every time you did an activity as a family you’d have hundreds a week.
Why are they so close? It’s just annoying doing things together constantly, you need to be able to be on your own or you’ll all get so fed up with each other.
I won’t post again then. I’m not sure why we all so close, I asked why we do this and can we do stuff separate and they said that’s what arrogant families do
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
I’m not even sure what I will do I think I’ll just have to cope. I just want advice
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I won’t post again then. I’m not sure why we all so close, I asked why we do this and can we do stuff separate and they said that’s what arrogant families do
Kinda intrigued. Why does it make a family arrogant?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Kinda intrigued. Why does it make a family arrogant?
I don’t even know
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don’t even know
Fair enough.

Re: closeness, you guys don't sound close. You sound like you're being controlled.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (90)
13.93%
I'm not sure (30)
4.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (206)
31.89%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.17%
I'm not a current university student (306)
47.37%

Watched Threads