Staffordshire University- worth to go as an international student?

Watch
t5eh1y000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
As in the title? I have a possibility to go there for one year 20/21. How hard is to pass modules there? I'm worried, because english is not my first language. And how about meeting new people, because I'm supposed to live there alone. Especially during the pandemy, I guess you don't know yet, but I want to get to know some overall answers how it was till now. Thanks for all answers.
Last edited by t5eh1y000; 1 week ago
Initiatedspoon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Someone on my course is a non-native English speaker and just from the English in your post I can tell you your English is better than theirs and they manage.
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by t5eh1y000)
As in the title? I have a possibility to go there for one year 20/21. How hard is to pass modules there? I'm worried, because english is not my first language. And how about meeting new people, because I'm supposed to live there alone. Especially during the pandemy, I guess you don't know yet, but I want to get to know some overall answers how it was till now. Thanks for all answers.
Hi t5eh1y000

It's great to hear that you're considering joining us for a year, however I completely understand your concerns, particularly at the moment.

That said, at Staffs we do have a vibrant international community - and a lot of these students don't have English as their first language and it's not really an issue - but you don't have to take my word for it. You can chat to some of our current international students using UniBuddy here: https://www.staffs.ac.uk/internation...t-to-a-student

They'll also be able to answer any questions you have on making friends and living in a foreign country.

You should also be able to find some info around accommodation and applying for Staffs here: https://www.staffs.ac.uk/international

I hope that helps but please give us a shout if we can help at all.

Thanks

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.2%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.92%
Look for a job (19)
3.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.06%

Watched Threads