Closure on relationship

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
What is the best way to get closure on a toxic / psychologically abusive relationship (you were the 'victim') if the person is willing to answer any questions you have? Or how do you get closure on a relationship in general?

Struggling to kind of do this and move on, for ages I felt like I wanted answers but then when I get them it feels like it doesn't matter that much, I don't want the relationship or person back but it just feels like whatever I do I feel discontent idk how to explain
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You need to have really close friends that you can trust that you know will always defend you in situations such as this one. The best type of closer you can get as someone who suffered in an abusive and toxic relationship is to have your friends remind you that life has way more to offer than the hardships you had to go through during your relationship with that person. Remind yourself that you are stronger than you think and that you've now learnt not to succumb to a manipulative individual like you did in the past. Surround yourself with positivity whether that be in the presence on friends or animals or hobbies. Do what makes you happy and prove to yourself that your pain does not define you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (88)
38.26%
Take autumn exams (75)
32.61%
Look for a job (6)
2.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.48%
Take a year out (39)
16.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.09%

Watched Threads