The Student Room Group

Flashcards

So, I'm about a year out from doing my GCSE's. I plan to only use flashcards and past papers to revise, and I'm aiming for an 8 in all my subjects. Is there anyone here who've passed their GCSE's by using only flashcards? Could I be doing more, considering what I'm aiming for? Thanks in advance.
hey! i mainly used flashcards for my gcses, but i did also use other methods such as mindmaps and past-papers to supplement the flashcards (and to give myself a break) and i passed all my gcses with 8s and 9s. i strongly believe that as long as the revision you are doing is productive and the flashcards contain the correct information in sufficient (but not too much) detail, then that's fine! as long as you find that flashcards work for you, then i don't see why you can't achieve what you want!! :smile:
flashcards and exam practice are good methods of revision however what works for someone else may not necessarily work for you and vice versa. for a subject like english lit for example, i did make notes on a4 paper to revise from ie. mindmaps, tables... because i'd have had way too many flashcards otherwise :lol: it's up to you though and you know how you learn best.
just make sure the flashcards aren't overloaded with information- notes should be concise :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest