S4fe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So basically I’m living in a student house that I’m starting not to like very much. I’ve discovered mould in the house, it’s a really loud area and overall just bad vibes. I don’t know what to do I’ve spoken to the landlord and she seems very dismissive of it all. I’ve only paid my deposit and haven’t yet started paying rent. Any suggestions?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
what are you aiming to happen? do you want the mould fixed? are your neighbours being anti social or do you just live in a high traffic area? do you want to get out of your tenancy?

here's some info on how to deal with the mould issue
england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/damp_and_mould_in_rented_homes

how to complain about your neighbour if it's anti social
www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/problems-where-you-live/complaining-about-your-neighbour/#:~:text=The%20only%20way%20to%2 0solve,at%20your%20nearest%20Cit izens%20Advice.

if you live in a high traffic/industrial area and just want to get out of your tenancy read the below. if you're in a fixed term tenancy agreement, you need to follow the correct procedure to end it or you else you be liable for rent.
england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/private_renting/how_tenants_can_end_a_fixed_term _tenancy?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6K20l Ib66gIV2O3tCh1FYQMGEAAYASAAEgJ-EPD_BwE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.52%
Confident (14)
9.03%
Indifferent (16)
10.32%
Unsure (38)
24.52%
Worried (80)
51.61%

Watched Threads