han_nah1234
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ok for background..
I originally applied and received offers from all my choices for Anthropology.

BUTTT.. then lockdown happened and I kinda freaked out and decided to last minute decline all my offers slap together a portfolio and apply through UCAS EXTRA for Illustration. I was accepted and am due to start in September.

Now ive had a loooot of time to think about what I was in future I have realised that I do want to study Anthropology. SO im now thinking of going through Clearing.
But I’m confused about how I should do that – do I decline my UCAS extra choice or do I wait until results day. Just checking I am eligible for clearing as well. Any help would be great thanks.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by han_nah1234)
Ok for background..

BUTTT.. then lockdown happened and I kinda freaked out and decided to last minute decline all my offers slap together a portfolio and apply through UCAS EXTRA for Illustration. I was accepted and am due to start in September.

Now ive had a loooot of time to think about what I was in future I have realised that I do want to study Anthropology. SO im now thinking of going through Clearing.
But I’m confused about how I should do that – do I decline my UCAS extra choice or do I wait until results day. Just checking I am eligible for clearing as well. Any help would be great thanks.
You should read about clearing plus.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r.../what-clearing

You can informally contact other unis to see if they would offer you a place if you were in clearing.
You cant actually enter clearing officially until you hold no offers, which would mean declining the ones you have, but no longer want.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by han_nah1234)
Ok for background..

I would wait for results day as you can't apply through clearing until you have your grades but are holding no offers. Even if you get accepted by the Illustration uni you can click on the "decline my place" button that will appear on your UCAS Track, so it happens quickly that you go into Clearing.

Once in Clearing you can apply for Anthropology courses, although there is nothing to stop you from finding courses already in Clearing now and deciding which ones you are interested in. There is nothing to stop you phoning up the unis you are interested in and discussing the situation with Admissions
han_nah1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
I would wait for results day as you can't apply through clearing until you have your grades but are holding no offers. Even if you get accepted by the Illustration uni you can click on the "decline my place" button that will appear on your UCAS Track, so it happens quickly that you go into Clearing.

Once in Clearing you can apply for Anthropology courses, although there is nothing to stop you from finding courses already in Clearing now and deciding which ones you are interested in. There is nothing to stop you phoning up the unis you are interested in and discussing the situation with Admissions
thanks yeah I might ring them
han_nah1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
You should read about clearing plus.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r.../what-clearing

You can informally contact other unis to see if they would offer you a place if you were in clearing.
You cant actually enter clearing officially until you hold no offers, which would mean declining the ones you have, but no longer want.
ok that makes sense aha thanks ill check that out
jadefnewman97_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I found this article really useful https://www.whatuni.com/advice/ultim...e-guide/41459/ also on their twitter right now @whatuni they are answering people's clearing questions so may be having a look on there for any other advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (3)
5.08%
Confident (7)
11.86%
Indifferent (5)
8.47%
Unsure (13)
22.03%
Worried (31)
52.54%

Watched Threads