The Student Room Group

Advice Needed Regarding My VS Plan

Hi guys! Hope you're all doing well in these weird times.

I'm a first year non-law undergrad who is aiming to become a solicitor. I didn't get the greatest grades in the 1st year (high 2:2 but most marks in 2:1) and I don't think I'll be able to get a vacation scheme next year. My plan was to wait to apply for VS in the 3rd year as I'll at least have a full year of solid marks to offset the bad ones. I'd also have more time to build up legal experience in other areas (already got a mini pupillage) and work on my extracurriculars.

My plan was to apply for winter vacation schemes in the 3rd year and then summer vacation schemes. I've checked a lot of the firms and they seem to put their vacation scheme dates quite a bit before the deadlines for TC applications.

I'm not sure whether this is a sound plan. What do you guys think?
Reply 1
Thanks for responding. I've been through the websites of the city firms and it seems the vast majority allow 3rd years onto their summer vacation scheme. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is for here so I thought that having another year of grades would be beneficial, especially since I think I can get a 1st.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending