REALLY Useful for Applicants. Watch

QBC123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
This is probably a bad idea because Im helping my competiton but hey! I came across these Oxford podcasts and they basically have tutors and students talking about pretty much everything. I found the section where they spoke about Law interviews extremely useful. They reall do put your mind to rest on lots of issues and you realised that the people are quite nice! I had always wondered about stuff like sports and how it helps you get in but the tutor on the podcast blatantly said 'Academics are not well rounded' so they do not expect you to be!

Heres the link:
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...sts/index.html

hope it helps you all
BJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can get these directly through iTunes as well, if you'd prefer. There's also a few for Cambridge on iTunes.
Unbounded
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by QBC123)
This is probably a bad idea because Im helping my competiton but hey! I came across these Oxford podcasts and they basically have tutors and students talking about pretty much everything. I found the section where they spoke about Law interviews extremely useful. They reall do put your mind to rest on lots of issues and you realised that the people are quite nice! I had always wondered about stuff like sports and how it helps you get in but the tutor on the podcast blatantly said 'Academics are not well rounded' so they do not expect you to be!

Heres the link:
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...sts/index.html

hope it helps you all
nice. thanks.
SarahhhD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was /hoping/ that you'd be giving genral uni advice. Dx
Draconis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was listening to this around six months ago, does anyone know why they haven't made new podcasts since then?
BJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Draconis)
I was listening to this around six months ago, does anyone know why they haven't made new podcasts since then?
The last few podcasts (those relating to interviews) were released late October/ early November. I would imagine that if any more are released, it would be around the same time, to help applicants at a time nearer the interview.

Interview-related podcasts are unlikely to be a priority for the universities after December.
Draconis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BJack)
The last few podcasts (those relating to interviews) were released late October/ early November. I would imagine that if any more are released, it would be around the same time, to help applicants at a time nearer the interview.

Interview-related podcasts are unlikely to be a priority for the universities after December.
Ah, ok. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?