Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Do you write BA/BSc/MA etc. after your name?

I've seen some people do this on their social media and I don't know what to think of it.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nah. Like yeah, I'm glad I got a 1st, but I'm not gonna put BSc at the end of my name lol.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Um I do on business cards or the rare occasion of a fancy academic email

I have a few friends on Facebook that I did the masters with who do this - one is a therapist (we did a psych masters) who advertises their business on FB, the others have it on there and tbh it's a bit weird - maybe twitter if used for academic reasons/linkedin?
Advertisement
username5359312
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Interesting question. I'm keen to see other people's response as I personally haven't found the need to use post-nominal letters.

People may be marketing their skills/business through social media which is why you might see this on those platforms?

I did consider using mine on my LinkedIn headline, but the Education section showcases your achievements anyway. I do enjoy reading people's professional profiles and seeing their letters though.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, I think it is crass
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I feel like its only ok if you have a phd or doctorate right?

Or if you're a health professional.

I agree its a bit strange to but BSc.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I've seen some people do this on their social media and I don't know what to think of it.
I think it's a bit sad to use post-nominals on your personal social media accounts :P If you are using a "business" social account then it would make more sense...

I've only ever used my post-nominal (BSc Hons) when attending meetings at my fraternity Like to have post-nominals and ranks etc on their summons for meetings.
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Most people only use it if they are putting their name against something that might necessitate its use in the workplace.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (5)
4.27%
Confident (11)
9.4%
Indifferent (14)
11.97%
Unsure (26)
22.22%
Worried (61)
52.14%

Watched Threads