Turn on thread page Beta

How much are you planning to spend per month, on 'stuff'? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Like clothes, going out, transport, stuff like that?

I'm in catered halls, so most of my food costs are already covered... I'm just wondering how much I should be looking to spend per month on everything else.

ReputationRep:
    well i have like 400 quid left over after all expenses per month.. lol.. but Id guess clothes all depend if you like your fashions.. id maybe put as much as you could away for it.. maybe like if you can.. 50 - 100 a month.. then for travel costs.. all depends again on where abouts your studying and how far away fom home it is.. id maybe consider getting a student bus pass or something for local travel.. or a bike!.. thats what im investing in.. lol..

going out.. hmm again.. tough one to answer.. depnds on how often you go out and how much you drink/eat(£30 a night).. maybe consider taxi fares too.. I wouldnt worry too much about this.. your going to find a lot about this when your there...

hope I helped...

ReputationRep:
    yeah rocker c is right, you'll figure this all out when you get there...

one tip, when you go out, PRE DRINK EVERYTIME!!! not only is this really fun with all your mates, it makes it so much cheaper. if u buy a bottle of voddie for £10 and drink a quarter before u go out, thats £2.50 worth, whereas if u buy a doubel shot in a studen tnight itl be £2.50 ! geddit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeychara)
    yeah rocker c is right, you'll figure this all out when you get there...

one tip, when you go out, PRE DRINK EVERYTIME!!! not only is this really fun with all your mates, it makes it so much cheaper. if u buy a bottle of voddie for £10 and drink a quarter before u go out, thats £2.50 worth, whereas if u buy a doubel shot in a studen tnight itl be £2.50 ! geddit...
    Haha, I do that anyway, it does work out better

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.