Would you date someone that lives in a different continent/country to you?

Watch
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Not a different continent.
Maybe continue dating someone in a different country where return flights to London would take less than four hours.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Id give it a go.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by megan_e)
well maybe , but that would mean opportunities to lie to each other and more miscommunication than if you were able to regularly communicate without a time difference (if there is one, idk though)
what would you do?
I believe that people whose natures are devious or dishonest will behave that way wherever they are and whoever they are talking to.
Whether for thrills, to hide their dirty laundry or trying to gain something they want.
My best friend works in India and we communicate every day by phone, text and emails.

I wouldn't go looking for a ldr but wouldn't automatically want to break up if a guy I was dating was transferred somewhere like Ireland or Switzerland for a few months.
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you lived in the European side of Istanbul and we’re dating someone who lived in the Asian side of Istanbul that would count as dating someone from a different continent so yes I would date someone from a different continent.
Attached files
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Would you date someone that lives in a different continent/country to you? Why and why not?
How hot and amazing are they?
naimamahmood15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Personally I wouldn't due to not being able to see them that much but if your committed and dedicated into booking flights and stuff to see each other then yes. I think a good relationship doesn't really rely on the distance it relies more so on communication.
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
No ldr will be a massive problem for me. Unless we both move permanently to one country I don't see it working out.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Long distance relationships rarely work out, but open to all people from all countries (except the North of England lool)
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
No, Common sense not to date a stranger you can't spend time with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (64)
41.29%
Take autumn exams (54)
34.84%
Look for a job (4)
2.58%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.58%
Take a year out (20)
12.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed