aliiicewind
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
hi to y’all
I wanted to know if there’s anyone who knows how the interview is like at abbey college (cambridge). Is it an informal or formal interview? what will they ask you?
thanks
liketorun
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by aliiicewind)
hi to y’all
I wanted to know if there’s anyone who knows how the interview is like at abbey college (cambridge). Is it an informal or formal interview? what will they ask you?
thanks
That would very much depend upon the course
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by liketorun)
That would very much depend upon the course
Abbey College is a sixth form college in Cambridge city, it's not part of the University of Cambridge. I doubt interviews will vary much depending on which A-levels OP is planning to take.

(Original post by aliiicewind)
hi to y’all
thanks
It's probably easiest to just contact them and ask what to expect during the interview if you are called for one. The two interviews I had for two different sixth forms were both fairly informal and more just checking about what subjects I planned to pick and what I might be considering doing afterwards. Of course, some schools may be more formal and/or have tests etc. The only reference to a test I see on their website is an English language test for "some" applicants, presumably international students from non-English language based educational backgrounds.
liketorun
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Abbey College is a sixth form college in Cambridge city, it's not part of the University of Cambridge. I doubt interviews will vary much depending on which A-levels OP is planning to take.

It's probably easiest to just contact them and ask what to expect during the interview if you are called for one. The two interviews I had for two different sixth forms were both fairly informal and more just checking about what subjects I planned to pick and what I might be considering doing afterwards. Of course, some schools may be more formal and/or have tests etc. The only reference to a test I see on their website is an English language test for "some" applicants, presumably international students from non-English language based educational backgrounds.
My apologies, forgive my ignorance, should've have really known that considering I've got an offer at Cambridge, ill delete my comments
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by liketorun)
My apologies, forgive my ignorance, should've have really known that considering I've got an offer at Cambridge, ill delete my comments
Not really something that would be widely known unless you specifically googled it or have walked past it while living in Cambridge or have memorised all the colleges of the university which would be a pretty pointless endeavour...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (70)
40.23%
Take autumn exams (59)
33.91%
Look for a job (4)
2.3%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.45%
Take a year out (24)
13.79%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
6.32%

Watched Threads