I think I made the biggest mistake of my life

Watch
indecisiveel2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My uni decisions was the hardest thing I’ve had to do. Basically I chose a lower ranked uni because of the experience part as I was trying to consider my mental health and I wasn’t sure about living in London (expense and business and travel) even if it did look super cool. Plus the London course had a lower rate of student satisfaction and employment after the degree so this worried me. But I feel like the London uni might have given me better connections and opportunities and the course content was more interesting, but there was no lectures at all and barely any contact hours. I was so conflicted.
I don’t know if I made a mistake, because I still do find the course I’ve chosen at my current firm interesting- it’s just not as flexible- I just feel like I might be a bit disadvantaged when trying to find a job because of the reputation issue as I chose a sciencey degree and like most stuff is going to be taught online so was there any point in choosing the other one coz of the opportunities of lectures and more contact time/ support? All the excitement I’ve felt about uni has been taken away because I keep thinking about this issue and feeling like I’ve made a mistake.
Last edited by indecisiveel2; 1 week ago
rachellouise21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think that its not solely down to which uni is better ranked its also about personal preference. Just because a uni is higher ranked doesn't mean you will be happy there or that it is right for you. Also I don't think you will be at a disadvantage when trying to find a job especially since the London uni has lower employment after grad. If you enjoy the course and the way its structured (more contact hours ect) I think that you will have a wonderful time and there's nothing to worry about.

Which unis and what course if you don't mind me asking?
indecisiveel2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by rachellouise21)
I think that its not solely down to which uni is better ranked its also about personal preference. Just because a uni is higher ranked doesn't mean you will be happy there or that it is right for you. Also I don't think you will be at a disadvantage when trying to find a job especially since the London uni has lower employment after grad. If you enjoy the course and the way its structured (more contact hours ect) I think that you will have a wonderful time and there's nothing to worry about.

Which unis and what course if you don't mind me asking?
Hi, thanks for the reassurance. I’ll write it but I’ll edit it out after you’ve read it haha . Biomedical sciences Birmingham and Imperial medical biosciences. I feel like the name of the latter obviously sounds more impressive and It’s more competitive but it’s a new course with a flipped curriculum and that style of learning didn’t convince me and I read quite a lot of bad reviews about it.
rachellouise21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by indecisiveel2)
Hi, thanks for the reassurance. I’ll write it but I’ll edit it out after you’ve read it haha . Biomedical sciences Birmingham and Imperial medical biosciences. I feel like the name of the latter obviously sounds more impressive and It’s more competitive but it’s a new course with a flipped curriculum and that style of learning didn’t convince me and I read quite a lot of bad reviews about it.
Both are really good unis so I dont think you have anything to worry about. Do whats best for you. Good luck!
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by indecisiveel2)
Birmingham will be fine and you'll have a far better experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads