TheKingKay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi, so I am going to go into year 12 this year and I’m not sure what I want to do but I applied to do Biology, Chemistry and maths however I’m not sure if I will be able to study these subjects since my predicted grades for my GCSEs could be anything. This is because throughout all my mock grades I received a range of different results each time and my class work often varied aswell. So now I’m in the dilemma as I don’t know whether it’s worth me studying for these subjects if I’m not sure i will be doing them.

So what should I do?
sunsetpeony
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
hey! i wouldn't really worry about studying for these subjects before you know - revising prior to year 12 isn't essential (i didn't anyway) but if you did want to, maybe wait until after results day? this way you wouldn't have wasted your time now if you don't get the grades (i'm sure you will!) and you'll have a week or two after results day to recap some topics that may be useful for sixth form
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (79)
38.73%
Take autumn exams (68)
33.33%
Look for a job (6)
2.94%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.43%
Take a year out (31)
15.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.37%

Watched Threads