The Student Room Group

Can i change / transfer my university on a 2 yr masters in uk

Hi ! as an International student on a Tier 4 Study Visa UK , If I'm on a two year Masters's Program , 1] Is it permissible to change my university end of year 1 ?2] Are there any rules for these ?3] Can i on the completion of year one , join year 2 in the new university?4] HOW do I change to a different university for the same program ?I would really appreciate any knowledged guidance and sign posting for my questions. Thanks !
Original post by Karish m ak
Hi ! as an International student on a Tier 4 Study Visa UK , If I'm on a two year Masters's Program , 1] Is it permissible to change my university end of year 1 ?2] Are there any rules for these ?3] Can i on the completion of year one , join year 2 in the new university?4] HOW do I change to a different university for the same program ?I would really appreciate any knowledged guidance and sign posting for my questions. Thanks !

I don't know what the visa implications would be, but I would have thought it would be difficult to change masters degrees part way through (unless you are happy to start again from the beginning): every university will structure their postgraduate degrees differently, and it might be difficult to find two universities with similar enough courses to enable a transfer.
Original post by Karish m ak

As above, Masters degrees are individual programmes, so you can't move part way through one and graduate from another. You'd have to quit and start again, which I'm sure would have visa issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending