I rejected a university that I want back

Watch
ninjacaty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I had unconditional offers from 2 brilliant universities and I decided for uni B back in June. However, I looked through the programmes at Uni A again and found the perfect course for me (similiar to the one I was accepted to, but not the same one).

Now I´m wondering what to do. If I write the university, should I mention that I rejected the initial offer because of bla bla bla (personal circumstances like finance, indecision,having found the perfect course at this uni) or should I leave it out altogether?
meowmeow111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ninjacaty)
So, I had unconditional offers from 2 brilliant universities and I decided for uni B back in June. However, I looked through the programmes at Uni A again and found the perfect course for me (similiar to the one I was accepted to, but not the same one).

Now I´m wondering what to do. If I write the university, should I mention that I rejected the initial offer because of bla bla bla (personal circumstances like finance, indecision,having found the perfect course at this uni) or should I leave it out altogether?
i was in a similar situation to this a few months ago. i was told to call ucas and tell them to reinstate the offer.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ninjacaty)

You need to PHONE not write in the first instance.

It’s too late now to swap your replies so you will need to swap back using clearing. That means talking to the university your declined to ask if they’re accepting clearing applications for the course you’re interested in and whether you are suitable for the course.

Because you previously applied they will be able to access your application even though you aren’t in clearing at the moment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (167)
24.96%
Better than expected (138)
20.63%
Worse than expected (364)
54.41%

Watched Threads