Covid-19 EU Student (Request for Advice)

Watch
insomned
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone,

So I intend to start my Master's at Warwick this October! I, however, currently reside in my home country Lithuania and would like to ask for some advice.

So, as I understand and have heard, the whole Covid situation is currently getting worse and I am really afraid that borders might be closing soon.

Would this be a good idea for me to fly to England ASAP? I have also applied for Student Finance and heard somewhere that we, the EU students, need to be in the UK on the first day of our academic year? But I am not sure, because that might apply only to distance-learning students. Again, maybe someone knows and could help?

Again, not sure if it's worth staying in Lithuania because maybe the whole first semester is gonna happen online orrr it's better to move to the UK while the borders are still open. Thanks for your opinions guys, really appreciated!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Contact the uni and ask them for information. No-one is necessarily going to know on here.

Also, take note which section you post in; this is UK Politics....
insomned
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Contact the uni and ask them for information. No-one is necessarily going to know on here.

Also, take note which section you post in; this is UK Politics....
Thanks Surnia and I knoooow, but I've noticed this only after posting, unfortunately!! I wanted to delete this post as I've now posted the same in the Chat section but can't seem to find where to delete it! Ahh, headache
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (84)
24.93%
Better than expected (73)
21.66%
Worse than expected (180)
53.41%

Watched Threads