chip02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am an international student and I have just finished year 12 (AS Level). Because of the pandemic, I might not be able to return to the UK to continue to year 13. I am thinking of doing the International Foundation Programme (delivered by University of London) in my country this year (instead of year 13) then apply to uni next year.
My uni choices are LSE, UCL, Queen Mary, King's College, ... Do you think top unis will accept me? Is doing half way through A Level then Foundation a disadvantage?
Thanks a lot!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chip02)
I am an international student and I have just finished year 12 (AS Level). Because of the pandemic, I might not be able to return to the UK to continue to year 13. I am thinking of doing the International Foundation Programme (delivered by University of London) in my country this year (instead of year 13) then apply to uni next year.
My uni choices are LSE, UCL, Queen Mary, King's College, ... Do you think top unis will accept me? Is doing half way through A Level then Foundation a disadvantage?
Thanks a lot!
Because some of those are elite unis and you are proposing a non-standard combination, then you need to contact and check with admissions. That way you will know for sure.
What you do know is that with A-levels then all unis accept them with the right grades.
What I suspect is that with the foundation each uni will make its own mind up.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
chip02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Because some of those are elite unis and you are proposing a non-standard combination, then you need to contact and check with admissions. That way you will know for sure.
What you do know is that with A-levels then all unis accept them with the right grades.
What I suspect is that with the foundation each uni will make its own mind up.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (118)
25.27%
Better than expected (97)
20.77%
Worse than expected (252)
53.96%

Watched Threads