Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to study in the usa. Colleges i am interested are schools like harvard,stanford,yale,princeton etc.
I am currently going to year 11, this september 2021. I want to do media law. I have seen that i can do work experience when im 18 and get paid with jpurnalism for experience and then go to uni. However i want to do a-levels. Do I need a-levels to go to university.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
You can probably do IB instead of a levels if you wanted.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes or some sort of equivalent qualifications
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to study in the usa. Colleges i am interested are schools like harvard,stanford,yale,princeton etc.
I am currently going to year 11, this september 2021. I want to do media law. I have seen that i can do work experience when im 18 and get paid with jpurnalism for experience and then go to uni. However i want to do a-levels. Do I need a-levels to go to university.
If you want to study law it’ll cost you a pretty penny in the States. You’ll need an undergrad which is 4 years at an Ivy League uni is like £50K/year for tuition alone.
Then you’ll need a Juris Doctorate which is another 3-6 years, and just as expensive (with less access to finance) at which point you’ll have studied a legal system for a country whom may not even give you a visa.

Vs the UK
3 years for an LLB cost £28K + 1 year LPC
Last edited by mnot; 1 week ago
chloenix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would advise against studying Law. I used to consider the US for Law until I realised that it was an incredibly unsafe option.
As mnot said, after spending hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars (especially if you're aiming for the Ivy Leagues), there is a chance that you might not even get a VISA to practice law in the US, which would mean you would have wasted so much money and over half a decade of your life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (209)
60.06%
No they should not (101)
29.02%
Abstain (38)
10.92%

Watched Threads