Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Most courses are 3 years long, some 4+. So I’m unsure about how many years SFE can fund you. For example, if you did a 5 year medical course, could you get funding for the full 5 years or would it be only for a certain number of them? I know that you can apply for an NHS bursary in your final year of medical school, so would SFE fund the first 4 years and then NHS bursary for the 5th year or no?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
Most courses are 3 years long, some 4+. So I’m unsure about how many years SFE can fund you. For example, if you did a 5 year medical course, could you get funding for the full 5 years or would it be only for a certain number of them? I know that you can apply for an NHS bursary in your final year of medical school, so would SFE fund the first 4 years and then NHS bursary for the 5th year or no?
SFE will fund the full length of any degree course (including 5 or 6 year degrees).
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
SFE will fund the full length of any degree course (including 5 or 6 year degrees).
Thank you for your reply. Are you sure? I’m just confused as I can’t see anything regarding the length on the gov website, but I got scared because I know people who have done a 3 year course in something and got funding, and then have gone back to do another degree and SFE won’t fund them. So I assumed it was because of a 3 year funding cap. Or is this because they aren’t eligible for finance if they’ve already done a degree?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
Thank you for your reply. Are you sure? I’m just confused as I can’t see anything regarding the length on the gov website, but I got scared because I know people who have done a 3 year course in something and got funding, and then have gone back to do another degree and SFE won’t fund them. So I assumed it was because of a 3 year funding cap. Or is this because they aren’t eligible for finance if they’ve already done a degree?
There’s no funding for a second qualification at the same or lower level to what you hold (with some exceptions). And if you take a 3 year course then funding will not cover unlimited repeat years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (144)
37.21%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.27%
Look for a job (13)
3.36%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.39%
Take a year out (67)
17.31%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.46%

Watched Threads