Daniel9304
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Good evening,

I would like to ask a question related to residency.

Who would be considered Welsh student in Wales? If someone has been living in England most of the time, and relocate to Wales 2 months prior to the start of the course, would that person be treated as Welsh student?

The reason is because different grants apply with regards to who is considered Welsh and who is considered English student as far as
I understood?
micro123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Believe you have to have studied in Wales to be considered Welsh.
KittyN
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You have to "normally live in Wales". I can't find a definition of this, but I would be very surprised if moving in the summer before your course starts counts - after all, most people who study in Wales will move to Wales before their course starts.

The best way to get an accurate answer would be to contact Student Finance Wales.
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Daniel9304)
Good evening,

I would like to ask a question related to residency.

Who would be considered Welsh student in Wales? If someone has been living in England most of the time, and relocate to Wales 2 months prior to the start of the course, would that person be treated as Welsh student?

The reason is because different grants apply with regards to who is considered Welsh and who is considered English student as far as
I understood?
(Original post by KittyN)
You have to "normally live in Wales". I can't find a definition of this, but I would be very surprised if moving in the summer before your course starts counts - after all, most people who study in Wales will move to Wales before their course starts.

The best way to get an accurate answer would be to contact Student Finance Wales.
Kitty is correct, you need to normally reside in Wales. As you are only moving their to study - you are not eligible to apply to SFW
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (130)
37.25%
Take autumn exams (107)
30.66%
Look for a job (11)
3.15%
Consider an apprenticeship (13)
3.72%
Take a year out (66)
18.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
6.3%

Watched Threads