tierny3
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So my situation is this:

- Ive done 2 years at a previous university
- I then dropped out, transferred to another uni and I've just finished my second year
- SFE wise, SFE paid my tuition fees in the first 2 years at my previous university, denied me any tuition fees loan in the first year of my current uni, but paid for my 2nd year and will pay me for 3rd year
- ive received maintenance loan in every year incl the first year of my current uni (where i didnt receive any tuition loan)
- due to the virus, ive had to push my exams and resit my 2nd year. i don't need to pay fees but id like maintenance loans.

my questions are:
1. can i ask for maintenance loans during my gap year? will SFE give it to me?
2. will they still pay my tuition fees for 3rd year?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by tierny3)
So my situation is this:

- Ive done 2 years at a previous university
- I then dropped out, transferred to another uni and I've just finished my second year
- SFE wise, SFE paid my tuition fees in the first 2 years at my previous university, denied me any tuition fees loan in the first year of my current uni, but paid for my 2nd year and will pay me for 3rd year
- ive received maintenance loan in every year incl the first year of my current uni (where i didnt receive any tuition loan)
- due to the virus, ive had to push my exams and resit my 2nd year. i don't need to pay fees but id like maintenance loans.

my questions are:
1. can i ask for maintenance loans during my gap year? will SFE give it to me?
2. will they still pay my tuition fees for 3rd year?
Hi, I will answer your questions in order.

1. We don't provide a Maintenance Loan during your gap year.
2. If you had 2 years of previous study and started a new 3 year course then your calculation will have been 3+1-2=2 years of funding which means it was correct to self fund the first year and you will be funded for the 2nd and final years.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (144)
37.21%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.27%
Look for a job (13)
3.36%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.39%
Take a year out (67)
17.31%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.46%

Watched Threads