CIISEC or GCHQ accredited. Which is better?

Watch
HumanofCyber
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello,

I would like to know which is better to have for CyberSecurity an CIISEC which is an academic partner of a Univeristy so we will get free membership, also the same Uni will provide the PRINCE2Foudation exam for free. Or I can get a GCHQ accredited course.

Which is better? I want your opinions
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve published cybersecurity papers at respected conferences, never heard of ciisec until now. It makes sense, I suppose, to have a lightweight institute for associate membership then career assistance. Probably, bit like IoP, etc

GCHQ are professionals, under military leadership, they’ve been around for quite a while.
HumanofCyber
Rep:
?
(Original post by LuigiMario)
I’ve published cybersecurity papers at respected conferences, never heard of ciisec until now. It makes sense, I suppose, to have a lightweight institute for associate membership then career assistance. Probably, bit like IoP, etc

GCHQ are professionals, under military leadership, they’ve been around for quite a while.
So your saying GCHQ is better?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, look up what the benefits of this (new to me) cyber institute is? [You mentioned a free exam]

For example, the institute of physics , for undergraduate & apprentice “associate” membership charge £15/year https://membership.iop.org/become-a-member so this CIISEC ought to have similar fees?, look that up.

It depends what you want to do in cybersec, maybe your eventual ‘best’ job needs one or the other... do some reading, and hopefully a sensible expert will break cover on TSR and explain
HumanofCyber
Rep:
?
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (123)
25.26%
Better than expected (100)
20.53%
Worse than expected (264)
54.21%

Watched Threads