Coming Out to parents

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So here's the thing I've been questioning my sexuality for some time now, especially when it comes to my attraction to girls, i have tried to pretend or push it to the back of my mind but the thing is at the end of the day I like both guys and girls. The issue is my parents are both very old fashioned and growing up in a Muslim household any form of homosexuality is not accepted. Im really conflicted as to what to do!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So here's the thing I've been questioning my sexuality for some time now, especially when it comes to my attraction to girls, i have tried to pretend or push it to the back of my mind but the thing is at the end of the day I like both guys and girls. The issue is my parents are both very old fashioned and growing up in a Muslim household any form of homosexuality is not accepted. Im really conflicted as to what to do!
You don’t have to tell them your gay ever ngl, that’s what I’m doing. It’s not essential that you have to tell them, it can just be between you and god. And you like both guys and girls so you’d still have the ability to have a straight marriage, long story short no matter how many people make you think it’s essential to tell your parents, it’s really not.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The problem here is your faith and background. The normal responses that most people would give you on this thread are not going to be relevant to you because of your cultural limitations You'd be better off posting in faith and spirituality if you want advice which is going to be congruent with your muslim background.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (89)
38.36%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.76%
Look for a job (6)
2.59%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.45%
Take a year out (39)
16.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.03%

Watched Threads