Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I have been experiencing pain from my lower back to my thigh from exercising and some of the exercises included bicycle crunches and scissor exercises. I wasn’t able to stand straight or bend down as it hurt. A few weeks went past and I am able to stand straight a little better and bend, but the pain has started to travel to my legs such as my calves and ankles.
The symptoms of the pain I experience is tightness and cramps in my thighs and my ankle feels like someone’s gripping them. I find it hard to walk properly as it’s painful to do this. I have called a doctor about this and they said to wait a few weeks and put some muscle pain gel and take medication, but it’s been painful for more than a month and I am finding it difficult to walk at times and it’s on one leg. My calves are hurting especially when I walk any help or advice please
charl.elise
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I would call the doctor back rather than asking for advice from strangers, the muscles should've recovered by now if it was still a muscular issue, assuming you're resting fully
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been experiencing pain from my lower back to my thigh from exercising and some of the exercises included bicycle crunches and scissor exercises. I wasn’t able to stand straight or bend down as it hurt. A few weeks went past and I am able to stand straight a little better and bend, but the pain has started to travel to my legs such as my calves and ankles.
The symptoms of the pain I experience is tightness and cramps in my thighs and my ankle feels like someone’s gripping them. I find it hard to walk properly as it’s painful to do this. I have called a doctor about this and they said to wait a few weeks and put some muscle pain gel and take medication, but it’s been painful for more than a month and I am finding it difficult to walk at times and it’s on one leg. My calves are hurting especially when I walk any help or advice please
No-one can diagnose you at distance on the internet without having examined you, and you should be wary of anyone who tries.

If it hasn't improved in this time, I'd contact your GP again, with a view to some physiotherapy or other intervention.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed