To confront or to not to?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
A year ago I had a friend who did loads of messed up things to me, (e.g. be really petty and lash out randomly at me as well as put me down to make themselves feel better and bc the were jealous, be uptight, and plain rude). I am wondering now that we are in different unis whether to confront her by calling her as I keep replaying these moments in my mind. However, I'm worried as I don't really want to have them in my life and that doing this will make me look uptight... What do you think?
Abzzz57
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A year ago I had a friend who did loads of messed up things to me, (e.g. be really petty and lash out randomly at me as well as put me down to make themselves feel better and bc the were jealous, be uptight, and plain rude). I am wondering now that we are in different unis whether to confront her by calling her as I keep replaying these moments in my mind. However, I'm worried as I don't really want to have them in my life and that doing this will make me look uptight... What do you think?
Hi, sorry you had a friend like that, if you were to confront her what would you hope the outcome would be? They don't sound like the type of person who is going to apologise or realise that they weren't very nice to you. Unfortunately, right now you are letting her have a hold over you that is taking up energy that you could use to move on..

I think what could help, is writing a massive letter detailing everything you've wanted to say to them and then burn it. That way you can have closure and can focus on things that are important to you. Karma will deal with them in the correct way and you never know they may reach out to you eventually when they realise how horrible they were to you but don't hold your breath waiting for that moment! I hope this makes sense!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Abzzz57)
Hi, sorry you had a friend like that, if you were to confront her what would you hope the outcome would be? They don't sound like the type of person who is going to apologise or realise that they weren't very nice to you. Unfortunately, right now you are letting her have a hold over you that is taking up energy that you could use to move on..

I think what could help, is writing a massive letter detailing everything you've wanted to say to them and then burn it. That way you can have closure and can focus on things that are important to you. Karma will deal with them in the correct way and you never know they may reach out to you eventually when they realise how horrible they were to you but don't hold your breath waiting for that moment! I hope this makes sense!
Hi, I think I would want her to know that I was fully aware of what she was doing such as when she was jealous, as when I addressed her about some problems I had with her in the past she apologised but I don't think she fully understood all the million things. I think I am going to try and let this go even though I replay some of the messed up things for over a year I'm going to really try my best as I really don't want her back in my life or to have my contact details and to have her on social media bc she was the biggest pisstake I knew. I'm just really annoyed at myself for letting her get away with certain things and how unaware she was of how she treated me like **** and how obvious her intentions were.
Abzzz57
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I think I would want her to know that I was fully aware of what she was doing such as when she was jealous, as when I addressed her about some problems I had with her in the past she apologised but I don't think she fully understood all the million things. I think I am going to try and let this go even though I replay some of the messed up things for over a year I'm going to really try my best as I really don't want her back in my life or to have my contact details and to have her on social media bc she was the biggest pisstake I knew. I'm just really annoyed at myself for letting her get away with certain things and how unaware she was of how she treated me like **** and how obvious her intentions were.
Hi, I think it's completely understandable that you would want to confront her about these things but it could turn the other way and she will be happy with how it's affected you and annoy you even more... Its hard to move on especially if the person who hurt you seems to be living a good life and it's like why should they just get away with it! But the best revenge is turning into an amazing person that didn't let her affect you.. I do understand how frustrating it is though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (90)
38.46%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.48%
Look for a job (6)
2.56%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.42%
Take a year out (40)
17.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
5.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed