The Student Room Group

Do you still talk to your secondary school friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Axesha_cx
I know some people never do and others are still best friends with people fro their old school. I’m hoping me and my friends will stay close

I speak to all of my 3 closest friends from school. I see two of them frequently. The rest who i wasn’t so close to but were “good” friends I have on Facebook etc but don’t talk to much, only if I see them in person or whatever in town. However I have gained multiple amazing new friends from college and university, so try not to worry about it too much!
Reply 21
Only a couple but barely hear from them, maybe a few times a year
i legit just finished year 11 in march (due to covid) and ALREADY i would honestly say i only speak to 5 of my friends from school, and there were at least 20 people in our friendship group.
Reply 23
I occasionally message one or two friends from school, in case we forget either of us ever existed lol.

I moved to a different part of the country after I left school, so I haven't seen any of them at all in person, and it's difficult to properly keep in touch (despite social media).
Original post by Anonymous
No, after prom night that was basically it for majority then the remaining few I lost contact once I left sixth form. I had really bad social anxiety growing up which hampered the friendships I did have. I am tempted to create a Facebook account and search names but seeing people who have their lives together would be kinda depressing. I'm 25 so some folk would be married and have kids.

Temptation got the better of me and damn it was depressing not because people have their lives together but because they don't.
Temptation got the better of me and damn it was depressing not because people have their lives together but because they don't.

I feel bad for laughing but it’s just a bit of a plot twist 😂 Have you reached out to anyone? :smile:
a lot of them go to my sixth form so yes. the others who went to a different one i don't really keep in touch with them.
No, because I didn't have any (and still don't, to this day).
Yep i still talk to them ever since year 7 all the up until staring uni this year :smile:
Some of them i knew from primary and we ended up going to the same secondary and sixthform
Idk if this counts but I moved schools in year 9 and I speak to only one of my friends from then and another guy but we became friends a couple of years after I left bc we live near each other and we weren’t friends when I was at that school so idk if that counts.
Three I still speak to from time to time, two as my parents and theirs are neighbours (would not do otherwise I suspect) and a third has been and remains a friend since junior school.
No, because I didn't have any (and still don't, to this day).

:frown: this makes me sad. do you want to be friends?
I still do. My friends have, fortunately, been with me from high school, college and now university (not all but some). And, I still intend to speak to those that have decided to go to university elsewhere. 7 years worth of friendship lol; I don't intend to throw that away.
I know some people never do and others are still best friends with people fro their old school. I’m hoping me and my friends will stay close

only one
if you both make the effort, you'll stay in contact. it also helps if you live close so when you go back home you can meet up. doesn't work out for everyone though.
a few
my mum and her best friend nikki were best friends in high school and still are😂
I am still quite close to five people from secondary school. They were part of our 'gang', but never actually my best friends. The two girls who were my best friends I've long since grown apart from, but my friendship with the others has just got better and better!
Reply 37
I know some people never do and others are still best friends with people from their old school. I’m hoping me and my friends will stay close

Nope.
I don't really engage much with my secondary school/Sixth Form folk as I left back in 2016 and couldn't wait for a fresh start at uni as some of them were complete @rseholes to me.

I have a handful of my classmates (the ones who were good to me) on LinkedIn now and It's wierd seeing their professional side and not just their personal one. It's nice also to see how far they've come since school.
Reply 39
Original post by Killerpenguin15
I don't really engage much with my secondary school/Sixth Form folk as I left back in 2016 and couldn't wait for a fresh start at uni as some of them were complete @rseholes to me.

I have a handful of my classmates (the ones who were good to me) on LinkedIn now and It's wierd seeing their professional side and not just their personal one. It's nice also to see how far they've come since school.

Yes. indeed. School is such a fake unreal environment! Thankfully one leaves eventually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending