unclebob
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi all, has anyone undergone the process of getting a BCS scholarship for teaching in Computing? I have an online multiple-choice test which I need to do, can anyone tell me how hard it is?! Its been a while since I have sat down and studied so a little concerned!

After that, I have an online class and interview to complete- any tips would be gratefully received!
summer.a
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by unclebob)
Hi all, has anyone undergone the process of getting a BCS scholarship for teaching in Computing? I have an online multiple-choice test which I need to do, can anyone tell me how hard it is?! Its been a while since I have sat down and studied so a little concerned!

After that, I have an online class and interview to complete- any tips would be gratefully received!
Hi
I have the same question, have you done your test yet? how was it?
and what about the interview?
do you know any website I can use to practice on ?

thanks,
bluebottleboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
No still haven't done it. I have the interview the week after
DrTomato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
I thought I'd apply for the BCS scholarship but I'm not a big fan of them. My perception is that they're from the age when computers were run by guys wearing white lab coats.

I just did the test. It's really hard, especially if you've not graduated in Computer Science. If you have a Computer Science GCSE book (the OCR one is very good) then it might help if you read that through first. Even then you'll probably struggle as the questions largely test rote memorization.

Personally I think the Computer Science GCSE syllabus is a big pile of :mad:. I spent 20 years working as a software developer and the current syllabus is neither interesting or relevent to what you'd actually do if you were a software developer. The A level one is better.

I've not done my sample lesson yet but I've worked as a teacher overseas so I'm used to planning lessons. I've also had hundreds of job interviews over the years so not worried about that either.

Anyway, good luck unclebob (and anyone else applying for scholarships).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise