Parents divorce

Watch
Lulup1977
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I’m struggling so much with my parents divorce today. I went out with my dad and bothers for me and something felt missing (my mum) I never get excited for this when we aren’t all together anymore. It’s been just under a year now. I don’t know what to do. Then going between houses I find hard. I’m such a people pleaser and I feel bad when I stay at my mums more than my dads or vice versa. It’s so hard((

I don’t know if this is normal
Lulup1977
Rep:
?
Please help me
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Lulup1977)
I’m struggling so much with my parents divorce today. I went out with my dad and bothers for me and something felt missing (my mum) I never get excited for this when we aren’t all together anymore. It’s been just under a year now. I don’t know what to do. Then going between houses I find hard. I’m such a people pleaser and I feel bad when I stay at my mums more than my dads or vice versa. It’s so hard((

I don’t know if this is normal
Awe, it must be really difficult, you just have to realise that sometimes love or marriage between two people don't work out, it doesn't mean they'll ever stop thinking of you less, they knew how hard it could be for the children, and I'm sure they'd be understanding of how you must be feeling. Why don't you talk it out with them, maybe you guys can still hang out as a family or be a little bit more closer. I know friends who have parents who are divorced but still hang around with each other like a family but the parents are more so platonic. It's so rare to have that and so lucky for those who do have that. But, perhaps if you talk to your parents and if they're still friendly or on good terms they can defo arrange stuff for you to do with both of them. Sometimes, kids come first and I think if they didn't get along it was for the best, but, I'm sure they'll listen to you if you communicate with them. Good luck, sweetie if it gets worse try talking to someone you trust, like a best friend older sibling, but, talk to your parents first
Lulup1977
Rep:
?
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
Awe, it must be really difficult, you just have to realise that sometimes love or marriage between two people don't work out, it doesn't mean they'll ever stop thinking of you less, they knew how hard it could be for the children, and I'm sure they'd be understanding of how you must be feeling. Why don't you talk it out with them, maybe you guys can still hang out as a family or be a little bit more closer. I know friends who have parents who are divorced but still hang around with each other like a family but the parents are more so platonic. It's so rare to have that and so lucky for those who do have that. But, perhaps if you talk to your parents and if they're still friendly or on good terms they can defo arrange stuff for you to do with both of them. Sometimes, kids come first and I think if they didn't get along it was for the best, but, I'm sure they'll listen to you if you communicate with them. Good luck, sweetie if it gets worse try talking to someone you trust, like a best friend older sibling, but, talk to your parents first
Thank you so much. It’s very hard as when we spend time together knowing my parents are divorced it’s a bit awkward as it’s like something is underlying:/ I will take your advice thank you
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Lulup1977)
Thank you so much. It’s very hard as when we spend time together knowing my parents are divorced it’s a bit awkward as it’s like something is underlying:/ I will take your advice thank you
I completely understand that, you just got to remember it's not your fault, these things happen and sometimes it is for the best, if it's awkward try telling the parent you think is most likely to listen, and make sure it isn't awkward the next time you spend time together, because, I'm sure if you do spend time together, that still shows they're doing it for you and your siblings sake x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (90)
38.46%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.48%
Look for a job (6)
2.56%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.42%
Take a year out (40)
17.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
5.98%

Watched Threads