I wasn't able to complete university. What is my future going to look like?

Watch
amor sui
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Given the circumstances of COVID19 and lockdown, I wasn't able to complete university due declining mental health issues. I think I have undiagnosed ADD, this has been ongoing problem, not being able to complete my final year. This was the second attempt, I only have 60 credits left, but I have really struggled to complete my work.

I am very anxious about my future and I feel ashamed that I haven't been able to complete. What is my future going to look like with an incomplete degree? Has someone gone through the same experience and found success?
Alisonsimmons24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. There is nothing to feel ashamed about. Have you spoken to your GP and the university? What are they saying? What help have they provided? What are your ambitions for the future? Is there a timescale you could give youself to complete your goals i.e. complete your degree within the next three years.
Lizzillo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Go to a doctor, get it diagnosed or at least discuss it with them and start some treatment. Then, redo the year again. It's no big deal redoing a year/half a year, then you can get your degree. You could even see about doing the last 60 credits with the Open University. If it's funding that's an issue, if you can prove via Dr's notes etc that you had a mental health issue beyond your control, they may be able to fund an extra year via Compelling Personal Reasons, so you can afford to go. It isn't rewally giving up when you are so close tk the end and clearly worried about your future without a degree.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
As both above - get help both for your mental health sake and also as evidence for mitigating circumstances
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (154)
38.4%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.67%
Look for a job (14)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.24%
Take a year out (68)
16.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.23%

Watched Threads