Report 1 week ago
Hi there
Background story please
AM.TSR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't do it over text, call him and explain why.
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Try and do it in person or over video call. Decide in advance what you’re going to say, and any boundaries you want to set (ie, please don’t contact me for a week because I want to do this seriously, for example), and then it’s just screwing your courage to the sticking place. Breaking up is never easy.

If he gets angry, you’re well within your rights to just say ‘I don’t think I can have this conversation now as you’re so upset, let me know when you’ll be in a better headspace to listen’ and hang up. You don’t have to put up with him shouting at you.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
It would be wrong for him to get angry with you. Thats not okay. He should respect your decision, and since he's older than you, you'd probably expect him to be more mature and understanding! If you feel he will get angry, then breaking up is probably the right decision. Just make sure you know what you want to say. I personally would not call or meet up if you feel he's not going to be happy about it, as this may lead to unnecessary confrontation - text him first, then if he does want to call, then that's fine, as long as you got all your points down in your text. Good luck x
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
how old are you both?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Try and do it in person or over video call. Decide in advance what you’re going to say, and any boundaries you want to set (ie, please don’t contact me for a week because I want to do this seriously, for example), and then it’s just screwing your courage to the sticking place. Breaking up is never easy.

If he gets angry, you’re well within your rights to just say ‘I don’t think I can have this conversation now as you’re so upset, let me know when you’ll be in a better headspace to listen’ and hang up. You don’t have to put up with him shouting at you.
I love the Lady Macbeth reference there. :yep:
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I love the Lady Macbeth reference there. :yep:
Yay, someone got it :woo:

...Macbeth feels oddly appropriate for the Relationship forum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (173)
38.19%
Take autumn exams (141)
31.13%
Look for a job (16)
3.53%
Consider an apprenticeship (20)
4.42%
Take a year out (76)
16.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.96%

Watched Threads