The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If this all happened in a public place ( which I assume it was) there could very well be CCTV footage of the whole thing. You might be in trouble.
Reply 21
Original post by markova21
If this all happened in a public place ( which I assume it was) there could very well be CCTV footage of the whole thing. You might be in trouble.

true.

although he did grab me by the neck and throw me first. that's got to count for something. I'd expect him to be in trouble too. I lost a third of a big mac due to that.

really though, when i analyse what went down. It was risky to square upto him at close range. If he had hit me at close range like that with a sucker punch it could possibly have ended the fight there and then or put at a huge disadvantage to continue. If something happens like that again I shall keep distance between us........

also he made many mistakes in that he took far too long to throw and did not take any evasive maneuvers after the first blow. He seemed intent on closing range and lining up his shot, and by time he did get a shot in he had taken considerable damage.

after he hit me with the right hook i felt my cognition slow slightly ..and thought to myself whoa .. i don't wanna get hit by much more of these. had he got me with another i would have started backing up a lot more to give myself time to recover. he took no evasive actions and just kept coming at me, sustaining a series of blows in a relative short period of time which obviously contributed to him going down on the 5th one.

when i was backing up slightly I kept my fists high, head down somewhat presenting him with a smaller target, also making it harder to hit my jaw. i am no expert but i do know you do not want to get hit in the jaw when fighting as this area is most likely to cause a KO
Reply 22
You shouldnt have dropped any litter on the ground, I would have said something too ( minus the racist remarks ). And he shouldnt have gotten race involved in things.

I find it extremely immature that you beat this guy up over some tossed words- you should have walked away.
Reply 23
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You shouldnt have dropped any litter on the ground, I would have said something too ( minus the racist remarks ). And he shouldnt have gotten race involved in things.

I find it extremely immature that you beat this guy up over some tossed words- you should have walked away.

Who made him litter monitor?

funny how everyone here disagree's with me, but how the whole crowd was on my side.

This man was very verbally aggressive towards me in telling me to pick up the litter using profanities and also racism, that's why it escalated.

The guy was the first to get physical anyway.........

If you had asked me politely to pick up my litter, I might possibly have done so. This man did not do that however.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by ANM775
Who made him litter monitor?

funny how everyone here disagree's with me, but how the whole crowd was on my side.

This man was very verbally aggressive towards in telling me to pick up the litter using profanities and also racism, that's why it escalated.

The guy was the first to get physical anyway.........

If you had asked me politely to pick up my litter, I might possibly have done so. This man did not do that however.

Hes part of this society, and hes doing his job pointing out things he sees going wrong. Props to him ( minus the racism ).

And...? People are going to side with the lesser of two evils, but that still doesnt make what you did right.

"He started it"- Pathetic. You are a full grown adult, not a 2 year old on the playground :rolleyes:
Reply 25

Have you ever been racially abused before? I have, it's not nice, you can talk about being the bigger man but try being called a ****er while you're just going about your day peacefully and be the bigger man.

Don't get me wrong he should have picked up the litter and left it be but if someone is being racist and the racist person gets his arse handed to him it's not my issue, that's just karma doing its job. I don't like anybody dropping litter on the ground but that doesn't mean I should get racially abused for it? That's like saying if a chick wears a dress with revealing clothing they should get called a whore and have someone touch their genitals unwarranted.

Then in terms of it getting physical the guy got physical with OP first, he has every right to beat the **** out of him.

I think you've just read the title but the story if what OP says is completely true is clear. He dropped litter, guy racially abused him for it, OP got annoyed because he's just been racially abused, situation escalates, racist gets physical with him and aggressive towards a 15 year old girl, OP beats him up after it getting escalated and getting physical.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 26
Hes part of this society, and hes doing his job pointing out things he sees going wrong. Props to him ( minus the racism ).

And...? People are going to side with the lesser of two evils, but that still doesnt make what you did right.

"He started it"- Pathetic. You are a full grown adult, not a 2 year old on the playground :rolleyes:

Like I said, had he politely told me to pick up the litter things would not have escalated.

I am not a female. I have a lower tolerance for male aggressiveness than you. I have much more testosterone than you.
This man was verbally aggressive, used profanities, was racist ... and also laid hands on me first. and also was being very aggressive towards a 15 year old girl.

My limit got reached.
I am not an aggressive person, my last fight before that was when I was 15
Reply 27
Original post by ANM775
Like I said, had he politely told me to pick up the litter things would not have escalated.

I am not a female. I have a lower tolerance for male aggressiveness than you. I have much more testosterone than you.
This man was verbally aggressive, used profanities, was racist ... and also laid hands on me first. and also was being very aggressive towards a 15 year old girl.

My limit got reached.
I am not an aggressive person, my last fight before that was when I was 15

Ive been in a number of scuffles with guys in my lifetime. Did any of it get me anywhere? No. Its an utter waste of effort and I have matured past that.

Regardless of whatever this guy did, are a few punches really worth the possible assault charges that follow? You could have walked away like an adult, but instead you decided to stoop to his level.
Reply 28

looks like you got into a fight with a cat

Latest