Letsbuildacar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Many subjects at Universities are going to be taught online but I think with workshop/studio based subject like Fine Art are going to suffer. Does anyone know how the Art schools are still going to deliver this? Like make stuff in your bedroom and then post photos to your teacher? It won't be the same.

I'm wondering whether this upcoming academic year will be a write-off and to go to Uni the year after.
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No because u can literally be told your tasks etc and u can buy your own supplies, if u need things sent to you from uni then they could mail it to u, I know at A-level they had some art zoom classes. Also, my friend that did textiles had to send photos of her finished work.
Last edited by Geraldthegoat; 4 days ago
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Letsbuildacar)
Many subjects at Universities are going to be taught online but I think with workshop/studio based subject like Fine Art are going to suffer. Does anyone know how the Art schools are still going to deliver this? Like make stuff in your bedroom and then post photos to your teacher? It won't be the same.

I'm wondering whether this upcoming academic year will be a write-off and to go to Uni the year after.
No its not a write off. Take your place at uni and do what you have to do by following the uni's directions!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You might still have face-to-face sessions that are socially distanced if online-teaching is deemed impractical for some elements of your course.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Letsbuildacar)

Has your university said that there will be no studio time? Unless they’ve said this then I wouldn’t assume that you wont still be expected to attend studio sessions just with few students in the studio at each time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (98)
38.74%
Take autumn exams (81)
32.02%
Look for a job (8)
3.16%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.16%
Take a year out (42)
16.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
6.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise