what type of headache is this?

Watch
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
when it's like in the back part of your head, a throbbing, severe type of pain that makes your eyes burn, and causes your vision to go a bit blurry, and when leaning over makes the pain a million times worse? otc painkillers don't seem to help, codeine based do help a little but the headache tend goes away after 1-2h in any event, only to return after like a 2h break? the cycle then repeats itself many times, and lasts several days. are these like tension headaches? migraines?
rozzer090
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
when it's like in the back part of your head, a throbbing, severe type of pain that makes your eyes burn, and causes your vision to go a bit blurry, and when leaning over makes the pain a million times worse? otc painkillers don't seem to help, codeine based do help a little but the headache tend goes away after 1-2h in any event, only to return after like a 2h break? the cycle then repeats itself many times, and lasts several days. are these like tension headaches? migraines?
could be tension
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by rozzer090)
could be tension
maybe :<
i like your rainbow
rozzer090
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
maybe :<
i like your rainbow
thank you it’s a bit weird but i like it
KittyN
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
They sound like Migraines to me. Or cluster headaches maybe, but I don’t know much about them.
But I am not a doctor. I’d definitely speak to your GP.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
It sounds more like a cluster headache (or possibly sinus headache) as tension headache is usually felt across the forehead (like a tight band). Tension also doesn't get worse when by physical activity.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Not really a pattern I understand. tension or cluster is possible. I dont think a migraine would just go away and then come back, you tend to know you have it. You must be stressed at the moment, so tension wouldnt be a surprise.
Exercise, meditation, uninterrupted quality sleep. Try a bit of aspirin as well or see if the diaz helps, that should relax you right down.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by KittyN)
They sound like Migraines to me. Or cluster headaches maybe, but I don’t know much about them.
But I am not a doctor. I’d definitely speak to your GP.
(Original post by Anonymous)
It sounds more like a cluster headache (or possibly sinus headache) as tension headache is usually felt across the forehead (like a tight band). Tension also doesn't get worse when by physical activity.
hmm, right. according to google: cluster headaches = one sided pain. but in my case physical activity makes them worse so idk, my body is so confusing lol
(Original post by 999tigger)
Not really a pattern I understand. tension or cluster is possible. I dont think a migraine would just go away and then come back, you tend to know you have it. You must be stressed at the moment, so tension wouldnt be a surprise.
Exercise, meditation, uninterrupted quality sleep. Try a bit of aspirin as well or see if the diaz helps, that should relax you right down.
yeah, maybe. will try that, thanks, it's time for me to take some anyway, it's 1:00 am and i'm stil totally awake
Cattle corn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It means you need to be milked
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
could be any of those types. try finding what caused the headache.
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It's a headache where your head aches.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cattle corn)
It means you need to be milked
dude...
(Original post by Kathy89)
could be any of those types. try finding what caused the headache.
they come and go randomly...
(Original post by RichPiana)
It's a headache where your head aches.
/yawn
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
have you checked your blood and eyesight recently?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
have you checked your blood and eyesight recently?
blood yeah, i'm anemic and vit d deficient. eyesight - nope don't really have any issues with it
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
blood yeah, i'm anemic and vit d deficient. eyesight - nope don't really have any issues with it
Anemia can cause random headaches. You should check your eyesight too.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Anemia can cause random headaches. You should check your eyesight too.
oh, i didn't know that. maybe that's the reason, thanks
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
sounds like a migraine
Killerpenguin15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'd wager it's a migraine because it's blurring your vision and affecting your eyes. You can get over the counter medication for it such as migraleve from pharmacies which relieve some of the symptoms of it. I'd suggest trying that instead of painkillers etc as that might target your headaches better.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Killerpenguin15)
I'd wager it's a migraine because it's blurring your vision and affecting your eyes. You can get over the counter medication for it such as migraleve from pharmacies which relieve some of the symptoms of it. I'd suggest trying that instead of painkillers etc as that might target your headaches better.
But I have to wee
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Killerpenguin15)
are they different from otc painkillers? will give them a try then thanks
(Original post by Anonymous)
But I have to wee
ugh, gtfo troll
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (166)
37.81%
Take autumn exams (135)
30.75%
Look for a job (16)
3.64%
Consider an apprenticeship (20)
4.56%
Take a year out (75)
17.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.15%

Watched Threads