Killerpenguin15
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
are they different from otc painkillers? will give them a try then thanks

ugh, gtfo troll
Not really, they contain mostly paracetamol and codeine which numbs the pain but they're still useful as they include other bits which target the actual migraine per se.
(Original post by Anonymous)
But I have to wee
:colonhash:
Last edited by Killerpenguin15; 2 days ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I would definitely speak to a doctor about this
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
when it's like in the back part of your head, a throbbing, severe type of pain that makes your eyes burn, and causes your vision to go a bit blurry, and when leaning over makes the pain a million times worse? otc painkillers don't seem to help, codeine based do help a little but the headache tend goes away after 1-2h in any event, only to return after like a 2h break? the cycle then repeats itself many times, and lasts several days. are these like tension headaches? migraines?
Hope you are feeling better Ciel. 🤗
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by black tea)
I would definitely speak to a doctor about this
they'd probably suggest a head scan or something like that so i don't want to..
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Hope you are feeling better Ciel. 🤗
yeah, i'm feeling better today, thanks
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
they'd probably suggest a head scan or something like that so i don't want to..
why?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
why?
they make me really uncomfortable, i guess
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
they make me really uncomfortable, i guess
Scans? They are very rarely done for headaches and even if you end up needing one, it might find a cause for your headaches.
Designeddeath
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Name:  E194E428-B038-460F-A53C-96E2FF723361.jpg.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  26.4 KB
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Scans? They are very rarely done for headaches and even if you end up needing one, it might find a cause for your headaches.
really? so what do they do?
(Original post by Designeddeath)
Name:  E194E428-B038-460F-A53C-96E2FF723361.jpg.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  26.4 KB
mine doesn't really fit into any of those categories 😾
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
really? so what do they do?
Ask you questions, sometimes examine you. Then decide whether or not you need to be referred for a scan or to neurology, or if there are things they can prescribe you in primary care. There are many medications that are prescription only that might help, depending on what is causing the headaches.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 day ago
sounds like the type of migraines i used to suffer with. put a cold ice pack on ur head and drink loads of water. sit in a dark room. the doctor gave me pizotifen to take at night to prevent them the next day and they seemed to work. I wanted to get off medication so i pierced the “daith” part of my ear as a means of acupuncture. this worked and i haven’t had a migraine since!
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Ask you questions, sometimes examine you. Then decide whether or not you need to be referred for a scan or to neurology, or if there are things they can prescribe you in primary care. There are many medications that are prescription only that might help, depending on what is causing the headaches.
i see, thanks
(Original post by Anonymous)
sounds like the type of migraines i used to suffer with. put a cold ice pack on ur head and drink loads of water. sit in a dark room. the doctor gave me pizotifen to take at night to prevent them the next day and they seemed to work. I wanted to get off medication so i pierced the “daith” part of my ear as a means of acupuncture. this worked and i haven’t had a migraine since!
really? i thought that was a myth. i love piercings tho so might give it a try, lol
Designeddeath
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
mine doesn't really fit into any of those categories 😾
Sorry
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
when it's like in the back part of your head, a throbbing, severe type of pain that makes your eyes burn, and causes your vision to go a bit blurry, and when leaning over makes the pain a million times worse? otc painkillers don't seem to help, codeine based do help a little but the headache tend goes away after 1-2h in any event, only to return after like a 2h break? the cycle then repeats itself many times, and lasts several days. are these like tension headaches? migraines?
Migraine I had one yesterday .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed