Shocking Footage From Inside A Hospital - Unbelievable Heartbreaking Scene

Watch
Pinkisk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Shocking footage shows police violently dragging grieving father from terminally-ill six-year-old daughter's hospital bedside and wrestling him to the floor and assaulting his wife after doctors inside the hospital in the North of England, which authorities have refused to name "for legal reasons" insisted on taking her off life support and "letting her die" - A female officer that lead the assault and the arrest at the scene calls the father, a renowned consultant, an 'animal' ...Another male officer is heard angrily telling the mother that he has a daughter "not that that is relevant to you!" after the mother who is also a doctor pleads with him to listen to her asking him if he had a daughter what he would do in her place.

The father suffered a heart attack during the assault by the police.

Article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-daughter.html

Video:

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/skpOEejSZRDinII

Please be advised that the video is very disturbing.

My heart goes out to the family in what they have endured for the loss of their daughter, a loss compounded by this incident and all of the matters leading up to it and occurring after it, something that will no doubt cause them huge suffering that they all continue to endure for the rest of their lives.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 5 days ago
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
Shocking footage shows police violently dragging grieving father from terminally-ill six-year-old daughter's hospital bedside and wrestling him to the floor and assaulting his wife after doctors inside the hospital in the North of England, which authorities have refused to name "for legal reasons" insisted on taking her off life support and "letting her die" - A female officer that lead the assault and the arrest at the scene calls the father an 'animal' ...Another male officer is heard angrily telling the mother that he has a daughter "not that that is relevant to you!" after the mother pleads with him to listen to her asking him if he had a daughter what he would do in her place.

Article:

Video:

Please also note that both parents are doctors and that authorities have placed and continue to place restrictions to limit information released to the public on this case.

My heart goes out to the family in what they have endured for the loss of their daughter, a loss compounded by this incident and all of the matters leading up to it and occurring after it, something that will no doubt cause them huge suffering that they all continue to endure for the rest of their lives.
I’m not going to watch it but it sounds pretty awful for all concerned.
It’s a messy situation which it seems the police have handled awfully.

As usual though we don’t really know the full facts of what is going on.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Shocking footage shows police violently dragging grieving father from terminally-ill six-year-old daughter's hospital bedside and wrestling him to the floor and assaulting his wife after doctors inside the hospital in the North of England, which authorities have refused to name "for legal reasons" insisted on taking her off life support and "letting her die" - A female officer that lead the assault and the arrest at the scene calls the father an 'animal' ...Another male officer is heard angrily telling the mother that he has a daughter "not that that is relevant to you!" after the mother pleads with him to listen to her asking him if he had a daughter what he would do in her place.

Article:

Video:

Please also note that both parents are doctors and that authorities have placed and continue to place restrictions to limit information released to the public on this case.

All of the matters leading up to it? That includes the reasons the police were called in the first place, because of staff feeling 'intimidated and threatened' by the father and the claims that he pushed a doctor.

Interesting how you've put a certain slant on your post, but how no judgement can be made until the full story comes out.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by paul514)
I’m not going to watch
I understand. These kind of things are difficult to watch. I struggled watching it all. It was very painful. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for the family.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
So the man involved allegedly assaulted a doctor prior to his arrest, hardly surprising the police went in to remove him.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Shocking footage shows police violently dragging grieving father from terminally-ill six-year-old daughter's hospital bedside and wrestling him to the floor and assaulting his wife after doctors inside the hospital in the North of England, which authorities have refused to name "for legal reasons" insisted on taking her off life support and "letting her die" - A female officer that lead the assault and the arrest at the scene calls the father, a renowned consultant, an 'animal' ...Another male officer is heard angrily telling the mother that he has a daughter "not that that is relevant to you!" after the mother who is also a doctor pleads with him to listen to her asking him if he had a daughter what he would do in her place.

Article:

Video:

All sympathy aside, if you are aggressive towards hospital staff what on Earth do you expect?

Now just waiting for the armchair policeman and the ‘de-escalation crew’ to come in...
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
All sympathy aside, if you are aggressive towards hospital staff what on Earth do you expect?

Now just waiting for the armchair policeman and the ‘de-escalation crew’ to come in...
Hospital are stressful places for people and hospital staff do sometime get attacked it not right but it can happen.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What I find deeply shocking is that neither the hospital nor the police force can be named.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
Hospital are stressful places for people and hospital staff do sometime get attacked it not right but it can happen.
Staff in hospital get a ridiculous amount of abuse when it is never deserved. On top of that, they put up with drunks and druggies in A&E every night, when their time could be better off treating real patients. Then, the final cherry on the cake is the fact that some, and I don’t know whether this just sums up the scumbags of the North East, but some, have left work after a 12 hour shift and found their bikes stolen.

Our nurses, doctors and police get absolutely nowhere near enough respect, admittedly however the police lack of respect is self inflicted.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Staff in hospital get a ridiculous amount of abuse when it is never deserved. On top of that, they put up with drunks and druggies in A&E every night, when their time could be better off treating real patients. Then, the final cherry on the cake is the fact that some, and I don’t know whether this just sums up the scumbags of the North East, but some, have left work after a 12 hour shift and found their bikes stolen.

Our nurses, doctors and police get absolutely nowhere near enough respect, admittedly however the police lack of respect is self inflicted.
I have worked in the NHS for around 15 years. I have never once in those 15 years been assaulted or abused bar once by a severely mentally handicapped individual who could not help what they were doing. I have never once seen a patient or their family members abuse a doctor or a healthcare professional. I have however regularly seen the contrary, medical staff abuse patients. I have reported some of these incidents. Often, no matter how serious the abuse, it results in nothing but at most a slap on the wrist, especially where the victim and their family are minorities in largely white parts of the UK.

In one such hospital, whilst studying radiography, I had the misfortunate of shadowing a racist radiographer in x-ray. Whenever she called a POC into the x-ray room she would act very aggressively towards them, shout at them, laugh at them, throw things at them and humiliate them. She would shout at them for any slight mistake that they did, mock them and laugh at them...It was so disgusting...Everyone that worked at the radiology department knew that she was abusing patients, but nobody said or did anything!!!! The patients, some of whom where in a lot of pain, all left clearly traumatised by her abuse. I reported her for the abuse and nothing was done about it. NOTHING! My report was formal. It was meant to be anonymous, but the head of the department told her that I was the one that submitted the complaint. After this she started bullying me so badly that I was forced to change hospitals...

In another hospital, I came across another incompetent radiographer who would constantly abuse patients. She was so aggressive and abusive not just against patients but against staff that worked around her, particularly those holding more menial positions than her. She did this on purpose to keep people afraid of her so that they would not call her out for her mistakes. I reported her as well, this after she shouted at and beat a patient in full view of a doctor, a nurse and two other students, before overdosing the patient in an x-ray, giving them a radiation dose many times higher than what was normal for the type of X-ray that she was performing on them. Again, nothing was done about it. The patient was not informed that they had been overdosed and the incident was kept all hush hush and off record. She continued working at the hospital like nothing had happened and again she somehow found out that I was the one that complained about her before proceeding to make my life at the hospital a living nightmare. This is nothing. I have seen things far, far worse than this, medical professionals physically and sexually exploiting and abusing patients, medical professionals refusing to report clear cases of domestic violence and child abuse "because its none of our business", senior staff members exploiting NHS funds to live luxury lifestyles, doctors abusing control drugs whilst working in A&E, medical professional stealing things from other staff and patients...I've seen medical professionals often lie to patients and third parties to save their skin, doctors causing irreparable damage to patients that is kept from patients, swept under the carpet and treated as a joke. I've seen very senior medical professionals involved in very serious corruption...etc. etc.

This type of abuse is not the exception. It's the norm. This is why I always advise people to live as healthy lives as possible as to avoid ever winding up in the NHS under the mercy of its staff and governments that are increasingly turning this service into a business that primarily pursues profit above everything else, a service that is no longer a nationalised one based on patient centred care. Nope, this is just a facade.

I've never seen patients cause problems. Most if not all, despite the pain and suffering that many of them go through, are amazing. I cannot stress this enough!!! I cannot say the same for staff in the NHS where the good are the exception not the norm and the bad are the norm, not the exception.

I am comforted by the comments left by people on the video, which are very supportive of the family, but I am so disgusted by some of the cold, heartless comments left by students on this thread.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 5 days ago
Susan Edelman
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
This is terribly sad, but I'm not quite seeing the outrage.

The video starts when the police arrive so we can presume the NHS staff have already exhausted polite requests to move. As the article claims, the father had already been aggressive to staff so it's not unreasonable for them to call in police assistance.

The NHS have a duty of care for the sick girl, they say they needed the family to move away so they could give treatment. As the lady explains in the video, they haven't made any moves to remove the breathing tube so the parents aren't being asked to leave during the last minutes of their childs life. The police give multiple verbal requests to move away before become physical. This doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Finally, the whole police called him an animal seems like complete rage bait - he called them animals, then they called him one having clearly lost patience with him purposely falling out of the chair they give him.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I have worked in the NHS for around 15 years. I have never once in those 15 years been assaulted or abused bar once by a severely mentally handicapped individual who could not help what they were doing. I have never once seen a patient or their family members abuse a doctor or a healthcare professional. I have however regularly seen the contrary, medical staff abuse patients. I have reported some of these incidents. Often, no matter how serious the abuse, it results in nothing but at most a slap on the wrist, especially where the victim and their family are minorities in largely white parts of the UK.

In one such hospital, whilst studying radiography, I had the misfortunate of shadowing a racist radiographer in x-ray. Whenever she called a POC into the x-ray room she would act very aggressively towards them, shout at them, laugh at them, throw things at them and humiliate them. She would shout at them for any slight mistake that they did, mock them and laugh at them...It was so disgusting...Everyone that worked at the radiology department knew that she was abusing patients, but nobody said or did anything!!!! The patients, some of whom where in a lot of pain, all left clearly traumatised by her abuse. I reported her for the abuse and nothing was done about it. NOTHING! My report was formal. It was meant to be anonymous, but the head of the department told her that I was the one that submitted the complaint. After this she started bullying me so badly that I was forced to change hospitals...

In another hospital, I came across another incompetent radiographer who would constantly abuse patients. She was so aggressive and abusive not just against patients but against staff that worked around her, particularly those holding more menial positions than her. She did this on purpose to keep people afraid of her so that they would not call her out for her mistakes. I reported her as well, this after she shouted at and beat a patient in full view of a doctor, a nurse and two other students, before overdosing the patient in an x-ray, giving them a radiation dose many times higher than what was normal for the type of X-ray that she was performing on them. Again, nothing was done about it. The patient was not informed that they had been overdosed and the incident was kept all hush hush and off record. She continued working at the hospital like nothing had happened and again she somehow found out that I was the one that complained about her before proceeding to make my life at the hospital a living nightmare. This is nothing. I have seen things far, far worse than this, medical professionals physically and sexually exploiting and abusing patients, medical professionals refusing to report clear cases of domestic violence and child abuse "because its none of our business", senior staff members exploiting NHS funds to live luxury lifestyles, doctors abusing control drugs whilst working in A&E, medical professional stealing things from other staff and patients...I've seen medical professionals often lie to patients and third parties to save their skin, doctors causing irreparable damage to patients that is kept from patients, swept under the carpet and treated as a joke. I've seen very senior medical professionals involved in very serious corruption...etc. etc.

This type of abuse is not the exception. It's the norm. This is why I always advise people to live as healthy lives as possible as to avoid ever winding up in the NHS under the mercy of its staff and governments that are increasingly turning this service into a business that primarily pursues profit above everything else, a service that is no longer a nationalised one based on patient centred care. Nope, this is just a facade.

I've never seen patients cause problems. Most if not all, despite the pain and suffering that many of them go through, are amazing. I cannot stress this enough!!! I cannot say the same for staff in the NHS where the good are the exception not the norm and the bad are the norm, not the exception.

I am comforted by the comments left by people on the video, which are very supportive of the family, but I am so disgusted by some of the cold, heartless comments left by students on this thread.
While I appreciate all of your experiences, in this specific case, which is what this thread is about I’m fully with the staff and police on this one.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

And what's your point with this post, that because you've never experienced patients causing problems it can't happen elsewhere (not withstanding it was actually the patient's parents that are being called into question here)? My personal experience is that I've never known anyone who has been murdered, which doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Also, not everyone on here is a student and the comments are balanced, not callous. No-one else is taking the story at face value and have picked up on the complaints made about the father; why haven't you?
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

Article:

Video:

Those were police? I thought they were hospital security, seriously our police uniforms need a new makeover
UnwantedKid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Whatever the reasons for him needing the police called on him (full story awaited), this was an awful way of handling it. More liasion needs to be taken into account in situations like this. There are violent and horrible patients who turn up to NHS hospitals and services, but this story just screams uncontrollable grief that should have been handled better. Poor little girl that she was dealt that hand in life, but I'm glad she's no longer suffering. I hope her death was as painless as possible.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by The RAR)
Those were police? I thought they were hospital security, seriously our police uniforms need a new makeover
Yes, unfortunately they were police. Hospital security usually dress in black. They usually don't have the high visibility jackets and other utensils usually worn by the police around the jacket and the belt area. I have never seen or come across any. In hospital, when we have problems, staff sort the problems out or we just call the police. I'm not sure if having a lot of security is appropriate in a hospital environment. Relying on police services is best. In London they are very good. Outside of London they are very poor. In my experience, there is a marked difference between the standards and behaviours of the Metropolitan Police Service and services serving other parts of the UK.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads