Think I'm going to fail my resit?

Watch
fn12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hey,

I've currently got resits for 2nd year of uni, I have 3 assignments to resit and 1 exam, the 3 assignments are due on the 3rd and I've completed 2 of the assignments and 1 left with 1 day to go. I'm stuck on this assignment as it's based on the practical group work that was done during the seminars which I didn't attend (yes it was my own fault and no excuses) but the issue is that I've tried emailing my module co-ordinator and the 2 seminar tutors but they are all on annual leave during this period and not back till after the deadline. I'm not sure what to do or who else I can contact to find out what to do in this situation?

I really don't want to fail this year, but I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do when writing a resit about something I didn't partake in?
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
What was the group practical work? How many words is it?
Is there anyone in the course you know who can help you?

Also how confident are you in passing the exam?

I was in a similar position last year in 2nd year had 3 exams and 1 assignment to resit - graduated this year with a 2.2 - don't give up hope or become defeatist.
fn12345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What was the group practical work? How many words is it?
Is there anyone in the course you know who can help you?

Also how confident are you in passing the exam?

I was in a similar position last year in 2nd year had 3 exams and 1 assignment to resit - graduated this year with a 2.2 - don't give up hope or become defeatist.
I have no idea, I didn’t attend any of it, I’m trying to look through the lecture slides but there isn’t much detail about the practical work, it’s 2000 words and worth 70%.

Not really, I have 1 friend and he did a different module as this is an optional one.
The exam I’m fairly confident but it’s not the same module.

Just not really sure what to do, woken up and I’ve not had a reply yet from anyone
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by fn12345)
I have no idea, I didn’t attend any of it, I’m trying to look through the lecture slides but there isn’t much detail about the practical work, it’s 2000 words and worth 70%.

Not really, I have 1 friend and he did a different module as this is an optional one.
The exam I’m fairly confident but it’s not the same module.

Just not really sure what to do, woken up and I’ve not had a reply yet from anyone
2000 words can be done in 1 day. Try to find any information you can to do with the practical work even group discussions online, surely there has to be something on blackboard?

40 per cent isn't to hard to achieve. Write about whatever you know from the lecture slides?

If the deadline is tomorrow it can still be done.

What subject is this
fn12345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
2000 words can be done in 1 day. Try to find any information you can to do with the practical work even group discussions online, surely there has to be something on blackboard?

40 per cent isn't to hard to achieve. Write about whatever you know from the lecture slides?

If the deadline is tomorrow it can still be done.

What subject is this
My personal tutor replied, he doesn't have much idea about my module but advised me to look at the seminar slides for a certain period and use that as a base to think of a project and complete 2 parts/10 because it was done in groups of 5 and each person got 2 sections apparently evaluate it as if I did them sections.

Its Principles of Project Management module for Business & Finance
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads