Career confusion: biomedicine or Global health ?

Watch
Sudanidoll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I have an offer for kings Global health social medicine. As it’s however a new degree most careers don’t have it listed. For example a genetic councillor requires a degree like biomedicine and I’m not sure if the kings one is accepted. Can one still be a Patent Attorney, genetic councillor or Doctor (graduate) with this degree ? It’s so new I’m not seeing it as a requirement for these career paths (apart from graduate doctor ) I’m interested in. If not , I’m going to do adjustment for biomedicine and results day is in 2 weeks. Please help , thank you .
bits.of.bio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Sudanidoll)
I have an offer for kings Global health social medicine. As it’s however a new degree most careers don’t have it listed. For example a genetic councillor requires a degree like biomedicine and I’m not sure if the kings one is accepted. Can one still be a Patent Attorney, genetic councillor or Doctor (graduate) with this degree ? It’s so new I’m not seeing it as a requirement for these career paths (apart from graduate doctor ) I’m interested in. If not , I’m going to do adjustment for biomedicine and results day is in 2 weeks. Please help , thank you .
Often job requirements (e.g. patent attorney) list life science based degrees which I assume this would qualify as?
Genetic councilling is notorious for requiring a fair amount of work experience, so I'd say relevant experience would be more important than exact degree title! You could always reach out to companies and ask if they would consider someone with this degree?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (123)
38.2%
Take autumn exams (97)
30.12%
Look for a job (10)
3.11%
Consider an apprenticeship (10)
3.11%
Take a year out (61)
18.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
6.52%

Watched Threads